lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2021, 09:29 AM   #1
boomer15
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Need Help Determining Value of Cart/DCS/PDS etc...

Hey all, New member here and looking to purchase our first golf cart for our family. I don't much about them other than the hundreds of hours I've spent riding them around golf courses....

From the tag I assume its a 2001 TXT model just not sure which sub model.

We plan on using it around the neighborhood and probably some light duty around the house.

I've attached the pics I currently have. Any and all help of value is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unknown.jpg (19.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Unknown-1.jpg (18.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Unknown-4.jpg (21.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Unknown-3.jpg (16.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Unknown-5.jpg (18.5 KB, 0 views)
boomer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 10:21 AM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need Help Determining Value of Cart/DCS/PDS etc...

Will they let you have a mechanic check it out ?

The reason I ask is these engines were known for intake valve problems. A quick look under the valve cover will tell you the condition.

If the intakes are not worn , it has good compression ( like 170 PSI ) and don't smoke I would say they are asking $3800 for it.

How far am I off on the price ? It does look like it has been taken care of but I just wanted to warn you about possible problems you could face later if the intake valves are worn and compression is not up to par.

It also depends on what part of the US you live in. I got a 2003 TXT I wouldn't take $5000 for but I reworked everything on the cart
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:42 PM   #3
boomer15
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Will they let you have a mechanic check it out ?

The reason I ask is these engines were known for intake valve problems. A quick look under the valve cover will tell you the condition.

If the intakes are not worn , it has good compression ( like 170 PSI ) and don't smoke I would say they are asking $3800 for it.

How far am I off on the price ? It does look like it has been taken care of but I just wanted to warn you about possible problems you could face later if the intake valves are worn and compression is not up to par.

It also depends on what part of the US you live in. I got a 2003 TXT I wouldn't take $5000 for but I reworked everything on the cart
I'm sure I can have a mechanic check it out. Its actually a friend of a friends cart....hes owned it for 10 years (not a flipper).

You're in the ballpark, he's asking $3,200. It better look clean...he does own a mobile car wash/detail business that he runs on the side.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:46 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer15 View Post
I'm sure I can have a mechanic check it out. Its actually a friend of a friends cart....hes owned it for 10 years (not a flipper).

You're in the ballpark, he's asking $3,200. It better look clean...he does own a mobile car wash/detail business that he runs on the side.
Cool! Even better. Good price; around here if it runs good that would go for closer to $4500-5k. Looks like a nice cart.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 02:46 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:

If you can get the mechanic to test that compression. The manual says to remove one spark plug at a time when testing. I remove one of the small wires on coil when I test them to disable ignition.

You want to make sure the throttle is held wide open also when testing compression. If he lets you do this post back results. It don't take 5 minutes to do this if you got a good compression tester.

Its a good chance the valves need adjusting if compression is a little low but that's no big deal. You just don't want to see what I am showing in the picture. Take a picture under the valve cover and post it here.

I am just trying to save you work and money if you do indeed buy it. That cart is probably worth that price in today's market if these things check out. I love these EZGO's with the 295 Robbin engines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Intake Valves E295 ezgo.jpg (185.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-10-2021, 03:20 PM   #6
boomer15
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks to all! after some discussion with some mechanics and friends we decided to to go with a 2015 CC precedent instead.

I'm sure we will need some help with that cart as well!
Old 07-11-2021, 08:08 AM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks to all! after some discussion with some mechanics and friends we decided to to go with a 2015 CC precedent instead.

I'm sure we will need some help with that cart as well!
Does this cart have the EFI Subaru Engine ?
Never mind. I just read another post of yours and I see you got the electric cart .
How much did this cart sell for being you asked us to help with what the value would be ?
Old 07-03-2021, 10:38 AM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It’s just an ezgo txt. There are no sub models on gas carts, except for the ST which have a different front cowl. the pds, dcs, etc are different drive systems of electric txt’s.

Trig is right on the money. It looks well taken care of… perhaps TOO well taken care of IMO. Most likely a golf cart flipper. Nothing wrong with that, if they do it right. But gotta be careful. Some cut corners, give it a fresh paint job, clean it up, maybe some new tires and lift kit (all of which are relatively cheap) without addressing underlying mechanical problems. Lipstick on a pig. I only bring this up because it’s hard to tel due to fuzzy pictures, but there may be spray paint overspray on the drivers side black plastic trim along the bottom. But that may just fuzzy pictures.

Some will get it mechanically 100% before touching anything aesthetic.

If you can have someone who KNOWS carts (not your brother bob’s neighbor who’s handy) it could make the difference between a great cart you and your family could enjoy for years to come, or a nightmare of constant problems nickel and diming you to death.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO