lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

Default Cart stays on

Like the title says, I found a problem last night after my test runs, but THINK I know what it may be. I did 2 things lately, but should only be one of my projects. When I got done last night I turned off the cart, put F/R in neutral and then hit the pedal to unlock the brak planning to push the cart back about 2 feet, and it cart powered forward. I installed a SoC meter that I think is my problem. It is a 2 wire and I wired it through the switch, including the jumper wire off the positive and wired those 2 wires together into the meter. The meter is on all the time, but I think this is causing the cart to be on all the time. I did not have time to mess with it, but think i should be able to just take that jumper wire off and all will be good, but just curious if anyone else had done this before.

Other note, it should not be the switch would it, I thought it would still work at 48 volts.

Thanks for any ideas.
sleepyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart stays on

IIRC, you have a PDS cart, so the voltage on the keyswitch is actually battery pack voltage.
In a stock PDS cart it only goes through a couple switches, a few connectors and a few feet wire, so it may be close, however in PDS cart with DCX controller installed, it additionally goes through one of two Diodes, so it is at least 0.6V lower than the back voltage.

Wire the SoC meter directly to the battery pack's Main + & - terminals.

I'm speculating, but the solenoid on my cart will occasionally stay energized for a few moments after I lift my foot off the throttle pedal and if I turned the key off, put the F/R in neutral and pressed on throttle pedal before it de-energized, I'm pretty sure it would move forward. The various switches just tell the controller what you want it to do, and having a mind of its own, the controller doesn't necessarily do what you tell it to do instantly.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO