lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
Gregwilli
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Boy motor wiring connections

My front motor for a 2011 Bad Boy Buggie with a 48 volt system burnt up so I bought a new motor (DA7-4009) as the original was beyond repair. I removed the motor and made a rookie mistake and forgot to label or take a picture of the way the wires were connected. I did separate them so I know which ones went to A1, F1 and A2, F2. The only problem is I do not know which lug is for positive and which lug is for negative. I found some quasi schematics online but they indicate 3 black wires and one red. I have 2 red and two black. The connectors are two different sizes as are the lugs on the motor. The problem is that the smallest wire connector still would fit on the largest lug of the motor. These motors are not cheap and would like to know if someone can help with my dilemma so I do hook it up wrong and fry a new motor? Any help is appreciated.
Gregwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Boy motor wiring connections

The larger studs on the end cap are the A (Armature) terminals and the smaller studs on the motor housing are the F (Field) terminals.

The motor connections are not polarized, so all the will happen (If you get the A cables on the A studs and F cables on the F studs) is the cart might run backwards when forward is selected. However, since you say you have A1&F1 together and A2&F2 together, it'll to go the correct direction whether the "1" cables are landed on the "1" studs or on the "2" studs.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:48 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

As long as you get the A's in the right place and the F's in the right place you won't hurt anything. Carefully try the cart and if it goes the wrong direction, reverse either the A's or the F's. (not both)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:52 PM   #4
Gregwilli
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a lot guys. I'll try your suggestions and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!
Old 07-10-2016, 07:56 AM   #5
Gregwilli
Not Yet Wild

I connected the wires as suggested, reconnected the battery cables, jacked the cart up and put it in forward then hit the accelerator easily. The front wheels now move in the forward or reverse direction correctly but the back wheels are not turning at all. Do you think I have a wire in the wrong location or I burnt up the rear motor as well?
Old 07-10-2016, 07:57 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

And I would do all this with all 4 wheels off the ground. If you do wire it backwards one going forward and the other going reverse would not be good for a differential.

Oops, too slow..

Is the rear solenoid clicking?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:26 AM   #7
Gregwilli
Not Yet Wild

I I had the cart jacked with all four wheels off the ground. When I turn the key on I here the clicking of a solenoid. But I do not know what the solenoid goes to. Electrical is not my strong point
Old 07-10-2016, 09:24 AM   #8
Gregwilli
Not Yet Wild

The green light for the rear motor controller is blinking four times and the front motor controller is blinking 2 times. Does anyone know what these codes are?
Old 01-29-2017, 10:05 PM   #9
cedarcreekjerky
Not Yet Wild

Ever find a solution?
cedarcreekjerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO