lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2016, 07:18 AM   #1
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Fuse box installs?

Can I get some ideas on what fuse boxes you guys use and where to put it? I plan to put some extra lights, USB port in dash and a radio. Also what is the best 48v-12v converter??

Would it be best to add a battery for all of this?
Slimshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2016, 08:57 AM   #2
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fuse box installs?

Get a 30 amp 48v to 12v reducer. Scotty at carts unlimited, a site sponsor, has both the reducer and fuse blocks and I'm sure other site sponsors do as well. Ive gotten several things from carts unlimited and they come with very good wiring instructions.

As far as adding a battery, I would say its probably about 50/50 battery to reducer. Its probably easier wiring to add the battery and you won't be using your cart power to run lights/radio but you will have to maintain/charge a 12v battery. The reducer uses your charged cart batteries which makes it easy but if your at deercamp listening to the radio for a while it could leave you stranded.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:38 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTPIT HC View Post
Get a 30 amp 48v to 12v reducer. Scotty at carts unlimited, a site sponsor, has both the reducer and fuse blocks and I'm sure other site sponsors do as well. Ive gotten several things from carts unlimited and they come with very good wiring instructions.
I agree with DIRTPIT above, I got my converter from scotty.....I got my fuse block from a electrical supply.

I installed both of the drivers side under the seat.

DC to DC Converter.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #4
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

NO NEED TO ADD AN EXTRA BATTERY. your power reducer will use the entire "pack" voltage. so there isn't more strain on one battery then another. Where sir nuke has his installed is where i typically go on ez go. As in his picture he has a "ground block" where all your 12v grounds will go... you dont want to use chassis grounds. Nice set up he has
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #5
mutley
Not Yet Wild

Bluesea make great fuseboxes with built in negative buss bar. Mounted mine on the drivers side rear wheel well, made a mounting plate similar to the one for the controller.
mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:24 PM   #6
Fast Ed
Not Yet Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...hat-i-did.html

Here's what I did on my CC.

Fast Ed
Fast Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:55 PM   #7
MikeF0209
Getting Wild

Club Car

I installed the Madjax reducer and a blue sea fuse box and separate bus bar so I don't have to continue running B- ground wires to my battery pack for accessories. I have lights, horn music sound bar that will connect to my setup below. Installed under the driver seat.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
MikeF0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #8
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

Finally found what I'm looking for! But one more question: the ground block works like the fuse block? The negative from the reducer goes to the ground block then all your negative ends go to that? Thanks for answering what I'm sure is an easy question :)
zombiehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:36 PM   #9
MikeF0209
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunter View Post
Finally found what I'm looking for! But one more question: the ground block works like the fuse block? The negative from the reducer goes to the ground block then all your negative ends go to that? Thanks for answering what I'm sure is an easy question :)
no the ground from the reducer goes to the negative/ground on the battery pack. I run all my grounds directly from the battery pack B- terminal. So instead of running a million negatives or grounds to the battery terminal I run one to the buss bar and all the accessories to the buss bar.
MikeF0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:00 PM   #10
Bigk_54
Not Yet Wild

I used blue sea like mutely but put behind the cup holder
Bigk_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO