lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2016, 01:37 PM   #11
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh and put a pedal micro switch in. They are cheap and dangerous to operate without one!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2016, 01:41 PM   #12
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know my last post posted 4 times! I swear I only hit the button one time!

Old 11-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #13
Jrobeau
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo Smoke at harness

I appreciate all the help. I had one problem and now I think I have several.. I first had the cart stop one me.. I bought a solenoid which I thought it was, well unfortunately I put the diode on backwards and got smoking wires at the pedal and harness.. I guess now my question is how I test the controller and solenoid.. I wasn't sure the original solenoid was bad but mechanic at dealer told me it may have stuck when I bought new one.. The first solenoid had 36v on both big post and 6v on one of the small.. Now I have the 36v on both big but nothing on small post
Jrobeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:08 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

FYI - if you are testing for voltage on the big posts with the precharge resistor in place you are just reading voltage through the resistor not the solenoid. Remove one end of the resistor so you can test the solenoid, but - it's not going to work until you 36v between the 2 small posts when you press the gas pedal.

Sounds complicated but it's not. the pedal box ms triggers the solenoid coil and that draws the big terminal contacts to a close so the power goes through the solenoid. Hope that helps... Look at this instruction sheet here. The solenoid works the same way - it is like testing one half of this reversing contactor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg test.jpg (83.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:53 PM   #15
Jrobeau
Not Yet Wild

Ok got a new diode and remember I have no micro switch at the pedal right now.. I will put one once I fix this problem.. So I can turn the key and with the f/r switch in place I have 37v at both big post and at the small post with black wires I have 37v... Even with pedal pressed I don't get anything on small post with red wires
Old 11-22-2016, 03:33 PM   #16
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Like I said earlier it likely fried something else in the activation circuit. The pedal switch would have been first, but you don't have one, next would be the key switch, then the forward micro switch, then possibly the reed switch if you have one, or some wires burnt. There is a diagram I think in the stickies of the activation circuit, check it from one end to the other till you find the problem.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #17
Jrobeau
Not Yet Wild

I have voltage to the solenoid and out the solenoid.. I have voltage to the motor.. Don't remember if I had it in forward or reverse but had 36v on s1 and about 12 V on post right above it on motor.. Is that what I should have with the accelerator pushed a little.. I am worried my motor is toast
Old 11-23-2016, 06:49 PM   #18
Jrobeau
Not Yet Wild

Correction, think I measured that wrong... With in forward and pedal pressed I have nothing across s1 a1 ... Nothing s2 a2... If I go from battery negative with in gear with meter I have 36v on s1... I'm lost
Old 11-23-2016, 10:53 PM   #19
Jrobeau
Not Yet Wild

Guys I appreciate the help.. Figured it out, was one of the main wires from f/r switch to motor..
Old 12-24-2016, 10:06 PM   #20
Leatherneck84
Not Yet Wild

Hello folks, Having a similar issue- I accidentally connected the small diode backwards (line not on positive side) on solenoid. Solenoid not clicking when depressing pedal. Wondering if I fried the micro switch at accelerator or F&R? Wondering if you tried removing diode to see if the problem was then identified? Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Leatherneck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO