lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2016, 06:18 AM   #31
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Made a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadbug View Post
Bob, great news, installed the new bearing encoder. Runs just like new. I can't thank you enough for all your help! I will post completed photos tomorrow night. I've been busy while trying to sort out my mistake. Painted the body, new black top, batteries, Curtis controller, brake sensor, accelerator sensor, bearing encoder, front seats, back seats, wetsounds soundbar, head lights, tail lights, steering wheel, carbon fiber dash, double din DVD player, antenna, 12v battery charge blue led digital gauge, 12v blue led isolator switch, 12v blue led headlight switch, 48v battery charge blue led digital gauge, USB port to stereo with charger, tires & wheels, windshield, list goes on. Lesson learned, don't ever touch the gray 5v pos wire to the red 48v pos wire in the Ezgo gauge harness.
That is GREAT to hear! How do you like the performance?
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2016, 07:51 PM   #32
Onebadbug
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I cleaned up the armature and the inside of the motor housing with a scotch bright wheel to remove some light surface rust, coated it with a light coat of WD40, and reassembled with new encoder. I think it accelerates faster than the Danaher controller and for $275 plus shipping you can't go wrong. Thinking of starting a golf cart repair business in Houston, TX. Spoke to a local dealer and they are not interested in working on RXV cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1670.JPG (175.3 KB, 0 views)
Onebadbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:13 PM   #33
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I cleaned up the armature and the inside of the motor housing with a scotch bright wheel to remove some light surface rust, coated it with a light coat of WD40, and reassembled with new encoder. I think it accelerates faster than the Danaher controller and for $275 plus shipping you can't go wrong. Thinking of starting a golf cart repair business in Houston, TX. Spoke to a local dealer and they are not interested in working on RXV cars.
Yes, the Curtis can pass more current. Once you get set up to program it you can do even more. Most of the dealers I met in my travels east are avoiding the RXVs due to the reputation of issues. If you get good at diagnosing and fixing them, you can probably keep busy
Old 01-04-2017, 11:18 PM   #34
Onebadbug
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Bob, I just rented a Curtis programmer (1313-4401) from MRK for one month. I can't tell what cables it comes with, will I need to make a connector or will this plug into my current diagnostic port on my RXV? I am running a 235 amp Curtis 1206AC-5211 controller now. The one you suggested from eBay. All I want to do is turn up the speed, with the new controller my cart even with 14" wheels and 225 30 14 tires only runs 14 mph, with my old controller I ran 21 mph.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0010.JPG (22.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-05-2017, 12:53 AM   #35
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Bob, I just rented a Curtis programmer (1313-4401) from MRK for one month. I can't tell what cables it comes with, will I need to make a connector or will this plug into my current diagnostic port on my RXV? I am running a 235 amp Curtis 1206AC-5211 controller now. The one you suggested from eBay. All I want to do is turn up the speed, with the new controller my cart even with 14" wheels and 225 30 14 tires only runs 14 mph, with my old controller I ran 21 mph.
Default new is usually profile 1. Go into Parameters, set Profile to 4, then select Profiles, go down to Profile 4 and select it, then bump the speed up to max, 14.8 MPH.

If you need more speed than that I can send you a file to flash your 5211 and edit your upper limit. Should not need it though with your tire size. You can also increase your accelleration from stock settings. Go too far and you may damage something since the tires are bigger.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:14 AM   #36
Onebadbug
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob, how will the programmer connect to my cart?
Old 01-05-2017, 06:56 AM   #37
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The answer to that is you need an Ezgo adapter. The adapter plugs into the tyco plug down around the controller. If you can't make one or build one I have an extra one I can sale to you.
Attached Images
File Type: gif EzgoCurtisAdapter.gif (5.5 KB, 0 views)
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:47 PM   #38
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks Bob, how will the programmer connect to my cart?
I gave the details of putting a programming pigtail on a converted harness in the Programming Curtis Controller thread. I gave the part numbers and pinouts.

usgicollector: He does not have the stock E-Z-GO programming port.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:08 AM   #39
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I see...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO