lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #1
RicksRam
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Motor upgrade

Scotty and johnnie looking to upgrade from a Bandit plum quick motor and looking for more speed and torque. I am changing my cart from 36 to 48 volt and will be getting the controller in about a month the XCT 500 amp.
what are my motor option? Thanks again
RicksRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2016, 08:31 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Motor upgrade

You didn't say whether that is a TXT you are upgrading, I am just assuming. Here is a link to a write up on this site about my Lithium conversion of a TXT from 36v to 58V Lithium. Jon already had the Bandit motor when I removed an old DCX and replaced it with the XCT400PDS. The Bandit motor is fantastic in this cart. I would only replace it with the Executioner!!

Aiken, SC - I would think you would be a Plum Quick fan.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...m-upgrade.html

Good Luck
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
RicksRam
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info ping and my cart is a DCS sorry I forgot to mention that. I really like your setup. And yes im a big plum quick fan really good people.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:14 PM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank for the compliment. I couldn't imagine you not being a fan of Plum Quick. You are very close to them.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:44 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yep close, right at a 2 hour drive. Ask me how I know

Bandit might be okay with a 500 amp but I have a melted one on the floor of the shop that was used with a DCX500. Was mostly the owner of the carts fault and was overloading it big time.. Robby or Rick at PQ can help you out with questions but D & D as well as EMP are other choices. The one I had melted got replaced with a high torque EMP with a temp sensor. If it gets to hot it drops out the activation circuit and shuts the cart down..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #6
RicksRam
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the information KG , Are the emp motors real expensive? I have read a little about them and the D&D just looking for the best choice. Good to know other people on here from aiken also.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO