lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
joulian
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart won't go.. maybe ITS issues

I thought my controller went out. Bought a 400 amp Alltrax unit hooked it up same issues. I ve got 4 green blinking lights then 3 red. It says ITH issues.

I can feel/hear solenoid kicking in and then the tires sort of jump as if its wanting to go forward but won't
I jacked it up and while slowly pressing pedal got them to start moving forward but very slowly. I am sure that if I had set it down on ground it wouldn't have moved.

Btw before this controller it lost forward I thought it was the rocker switch $25 later I found out that wasn't it.

What should the Ohms be when checking the inductive part of that device?

Thank you.
joulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2016, 12:03 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Cart won't go.. maybe ITH issues

The stock solenoid is probably still in place. Sounds like it's bad. When I see carts that "want to go, but instantly run out of juice" I suspect the solenoid. Just because it clicks, doesn't mean it's good. Check from B- on the pack to the solenoid. Then check again on the other side of the solenoid, on the side that goes to the controller (when pedal is pressed). The stock solenoid used on TXts was notoriously bad. (just barely good enough to do the job in Stock golf duty). I cringe when I see stock TXTs come in lifted with all stock parts, the (tricked) buyer didn't know the cart wasn't ready for the job. Bought off the street, or from a unscrupulous dealer, who knew the problems would come later (not their problem). If you have a Txt, upgrade the solenoid. "first things first". The stock one was horrible.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:45 AM   #3
joulian
Not Yet Wild

I noticed it did have the same voltage on both sides of the solenoid. like all the time.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:46 AM   #4
joulian
Not Yet Wild

btw its a 2005 PDS ezgo 36v
Old 12-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have an Alltrax DCX controller. (XCT controllers use a Green-Red blink codes, after the initial 4 green blinks, which indicate the controller is set for an ITS throttle input)

The four Green blinks means the DCX is programmed for a ITS throttle.
The three Red blinks mean there is a HPD (High Pedal Disable) error.

Not sure what a "ITH" is, what error list did you get that info from?

Either the pedal isn't returning to the fully up position (mechanical problem), or the pedal switch is bad (N.C. contacts are staying closed when button is pushed, or button isn't being pushed)

If the pedal switch contacts are staying closed, the solenoid contacts will be energized whenever the key is on and a direction is selected. Measure the voltage on the solenoid's large terminals when the key is off and the F/R is in Neutral.

------------
You cannot check a ITS sensor with an Ohmmeter. A bridge rectifier is connected between the two input wires, so you'll measure the forward biased resistance of two diode no matter what the polarity of the test leads are, or if the sensor is good or bad.

The way to check the sensor is to measure the voltage with pedal up and pedal down. The voltage values and whether it goes up or down as pedal is pushed depends on make/model of the controller the ITS sensor is connected to.

For a Alltrax controllers, you should get 10V between the two ITS wires with pedal pushed just far enough for solenoid to click and 6V when the pedal is in floor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #6
joulian
Not Yet Wild

Yes ITS, sorry

Its a XCT
Old 12-29-2016, 08:16 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart won't go.. maybe ITS issues

None of the XCT error codes contain 4 green blinks, but there two that contain 3 Red blinks. (See attached list)

1G + 3R = Battery Over Voltage
2G + 3R = High Throttle Over range

Which one is it?

-------
If it is the High Throttle Over range error, connect your voltmeter between Pin-3 and Pin-4 on J4 (Labeled C4 on attached Alltrax XCT in PDS schematic)

Push test lead probes into backside of Molex plug.

What is voltage when pedal is just pushed far enough to make solenoid click?
What is voltage when pedal is pushed to the floorboard?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT Blink Codes.jpg (276.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg XCT-PDS with regen diode.jpg (213.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #8
joulian
Not Yet Wild

According to chart , its 2 green and 3 red -High Throttle over range.

What does that mean ?
Old 12-29-2016, 10:11 PM   #9
joulian
Not Yet Wild

I took my meter and put one lead on the white and then one on the black wire going to the ITS (in the black box), it read, when I pressed the pedal 6.97dcv and then it seemed to go down when I pressed pedal but never to 6v even
Old 12-30-2016, 11:24 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joulian View Post
According to chart , its 2 green and 3 red -High Throttle over range.

What does that mean ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joulian View Post
I took my meter and put one lead on the white and then one on the black wire going to the ITS (in the black box), it read, when I pressed the pedal 6.97dcv and then it seemed to go down when I pressed pedal but never to 6v even
If you change the word "Throttle" to "Pedal", it makes more sense.

When the pedal is pushed just far enough for the solenoid to click (High Pedal), the controller expects to see about 10V between the black and white wires at J4, but it is only seeing <7V, which is out of the acceptable range, so you get an error.

Of course, the voltage you measured between the black and white wires at the ITS sensor in the pedal box, may not be exactly the same voltage as the controller is seeing at J4 Pins 3 & 4, but if the wires, sensor and controller were all working correctly, you would get the same voltage at both ends of the black and white wires.

Flip Run/Tow to Tow, disconnect J4 from controller and black and white wires from ITS sensor in pedal box.
Measure between black and white wires (in pedal box) with Ohmmeter.
If you measure any Ohms at all, that is the problem. Most likely suspect is the inline connector between the cable coming out of pedal box and cart's wiring harness.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO