lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2016, 05:00 PM   #1
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Default Solenoid clicks, no go

So 2002 series with newish Alltrax NPX 400 amp. Seemed to run fine when new controller first installed and then became intemitent and now does not seem to run at all. I have checked all continuities and as far as I can see they are all good. F&R checked and all seems good and conections tight

The solenoid clicks and I have checked that it is allowing power through.

When pedal is engaged the light on the controller blinks green four times and then stays solid green.

When I measure voltage between B- and M- on the controller before pedal is pressed shows 36.1 volts as pedal is depressed and solenoid clicks it goes to full pack voltage 38.0 but as pedal is depressed the voltage reading does not go down.

So is this a controller problem or is it the ITS sensor.
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #2
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Default Re: Solenoid clicks, no go

Further the the information above, I have checked the black and white wires coming from the ITS. With key on or off but no pedal depressed it shows .5 volts. With key on and pedal depressed it shows 8.9 volts as solenoid clicks and then goes progressivley down to 5.4 volts when pedal is all the way down. As I recall this indicates that the ITS is OK.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #3
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

DV - I am going through the EXACT same thing right now!

Have been chasing it for about a month - two new batteries, new cables, re-wired - NO GO.

When I put the new battery in cart ran GREAT.... for two days.. then again - intermittent.

It's enough to put you in a straight jacket
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:27 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmartin View Post
Further the the information above, I have checked the black and white wires coming from the ITS. With key on or off but no pedal depressed it shows .5 volts. With key on and pedal depressed it shows 8.9 volts as solenoid clicks and then goes progressivley down to 5.4 volts when pedal is all the way down. As I recall this indicates that the ITS is OK.
An NPX is a series drive controller and EZGO series drives don't power up the controller until the solenoid clicks, so there would be little, if any, voltage with the controller not powered up.

The ITS voltage specs with an Alltrax controller are 10V between the black and white wires when the pedal is pressed just far enough to make solenoid click and the goes down to 6V when pedal is pushed to floorboard.

The ITS voltages you are getting are a bit out of range, so you may have an ITS issue.

Check the pedal box for moisture and check the inline connector between the pedal box and cart's wiring harness for good contact without cross-talk.

------------
I'm more inclined to suspect the controller is bad. The ITS voltage does fall within the normal range part of the time, so the voltage between B- and M- ought to go down a bit.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
dvmartin
Getting Wild

I'm beginning to think that it is the controller. ITS box checked and all seems OK. Dry and no cracks can be seen in the round black portion. This morning it ran for a few times (it's up on blocks for checking) and then would not go again. This happened to me once before and it turned out to be the controller.

All wiring continuity check out even with pulling and twisting wires they seem good.

Very hard to track down on this kind of intermittent problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO