lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2017, 11:44 PM   #1
Leatherneck84
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 TXT steering boot/bellow replacement

This site has provided a wealth of help in getting this cart running so far- want to thank you buggie veterans! I just discovered the steering boot/bellow has a split about 2" in length (Hopefully there is not related damage). I ordered a replacement tonight. I think I have an idea how to take it off. The mounting plate for the steering column assembly is welded to frame. I will need to remove the passenger side end but to do that requires more to be removed because of mounting plate. Best I can tell I need to remove large castle nut in center of steering assembly, two ends below that meet in middle, then I should get the clearance needed to replace boot?? Not sure? Was hoping someone else has done this? Thanks for your time and support as always!

* I can go snap a picture if that helps.
Leatherneck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2017, 09:38 AM   #2
Leatherneck84
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 TXT steering boot/bellow replacement

Here are pictures. One picture is from front of cart while the other is taken from below/underneath cart. Since I have the body off this should make it a little easier. Still not sure of the best way to get this off?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1169.jpg (107.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1174.jpg (189.6 KB, 0 views)
Leatherneck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO