lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
DestinBeachBuggy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Contoller and solenoid upgrade question

So time to upgrade my controller and solenoid. Cart currently sits at 36v, 4 gauge cables and a gear swap to 8:1. Other upgrade, which brings up the question is a Plum Quick Executioner upgrade.

Per Plum quick, the highest controller they recommend is 500A. I was looking at the DCX 400 and the 200 amp solenoid. What scares me was their line "500 amp controller…….turn turbo OFF, regen braking OFF
8.1 gear set is a lot while running 36 volts, you’ll get a large voltage drop which can cause a high amp and burn the motor up."

Really don't want to burn up the motor...
DestinBeachBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO