lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2017, 09:36 PM   #11
LBrown867
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Intermittent Operation

Bump...My time right now is limited so I am going to try to work on it this weekend if there is any more troubleshooting to do before replacing something...Thank you in advance ScottyB and JohnnieB!!
LBrown867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

With the fan coming on and no movement. You have one of the high amperage cables on the wrong terminal. Triple double check the high amp cable routes. The fan coming on with the go pedal is the giveaway.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:37 AM   #13
LBrown867
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

One of the high amperage cables going to the reversing contactor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
With the fan coming on and no movement. You have one of the high amperage cables on the wrong terminal. Triple double check the high amp cable routes. The fan coming on with the go pedal is the giveaway.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:08 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBrown867 View Post
One of the high amperage cables going to the reversing contactor?
....... or the controller? I'll just bet the fan is coming on because there is a high amp cable on the wrong terminal SOMEWHERE.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #15
Alltrax Tech
Not Yet Wild

I will wait for a response about whether the controller is wired properly because scottyb is on the right track.
Alltrax Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #16
LBrown867
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty And Alltrax tech. I have followed the attached wiring diagram again to ensure all high amp cables are in the right place and I'm not seeing any errors. I have also attached a second picture of the wires coming to the reversing contactor. When looking at the picture I took of my installation, from left to right: cable #8 which is going to the motor, cable #4 which is also going to the motor, cable #6 which is going to the motor, and last but not least cable #3 which is going to the B+ terminal on the controller.

As I've mentioned, the cart used to operate fine minus the fan kicking on for a second every time you hit the pedal. I haven't touched it in a week or so and I just came out here to get this info for you guys and I turned the key on, put it in reverse, and it went, put it in forward and it went. When I pushed the pedal to engage forward motion, I intentionally never let out of it far enough to let it disengage the contactor and it continued to operate but as soon as I let out of it completely, it no longer worked. I'm sure if I give it awhile and try again again, it will work. I hope this helps. Thank you guys so much for the IMG_0883.jpg
IMG_0882.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
....... or the controller? I'll just bet the fan is coming on because there is a high amp cable on the wrong terminal SOMEWHERE.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:18 PM   #17
Alltrax Tech
Not Yet Wild

when you let off the pedal fully and go to press it again and the cart doesn't work. What does the light do on the controller? Does the solenoid click?
Alltrax Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:56 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have received and tested the solenoids which both passed.
We have another great technician consulting now to see if we can solve this.

One thing I keep reading is the cart is intermittently working.
The controller is giving the correct LED status codes.
The Solenoid is quite functional although this picture taken on my workbench shows something burnt and corrosion on both small posts.
I have seen in one case where the local moisture was so high it bridged the small to large terminal creating a short.
Customer replaced that solenoid and had no more issues I know of?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg L. Brown.jpg (138.3 KB, 0 views)

Tags
alltrax, controller, ezgo, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO