lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2017, 10:04 AM   #1
RioVerdeRXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Spindle to Front Strut assembly slop

Noticed noise in the front when hitting bumps. Inspected the front strut assembly and found that the spindle assembly has just a little bit of play and moves up and down. Bushings and king pin bolts are in good shape, no slop, no side to side movement. I've tried tightening the bolt but don't have bar long enough to get good leverage and a little concerned with putting too much pressure on it and sheering the bolt. Also tried shims/washer but gap is too narrow. Do I just need to really crank this bolt down? Should I take the strut assembly off and try bending the tabs that hold the spindle assembly in a vice?
RioVerdeRXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2021, 11:22 AM   #2
Not Walking
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Spindle to Front Strut assembly slop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioVerdeRXV View Post
Noticed noise in the front when hitting bumps. Inspected the front strut assembly and found that the spindle assembly has just a little bit of play and moves up and down. Bushings and king pin bolts are in good shape, no slop, no side to side movement. I've tried tightening the bolt but don't have bar long enough to get good leverage and a little concerned with putting too much pressure on it and sheering the bolt. Also tried shims/washer but gap is too narrow. Do I just need to really crank this bolt down? Should I take the strut assembly off and try bending the tabs that hold the spindle assembly in a vice?
I have exactly this question. How odd nobody on this site has a single answer to offer. Are there no buggy mechanics out there?
Not Walking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:16 PM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's a common problem... don't overtighten the nut, remove it and put in an additional thin washer ( i've used 1mm ) on each side. Worked perfect for me
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:44 PM   #4
Not Walking
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply Ojo
Your a legend!
Not Walking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:42 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO