lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2017, 07:08 AM   #1
diesel97
Not Yet Wild

Default Hardwiring PowerWise standalone charger

Want to hardwire my standalone charger and mount it next to me battery pack on my cart .Can I just cut the red black and white wires behind charging plug in battery compartment and wire charger directly to battery pack with no ill effects?thanks
diesel97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hardwiring PowerWise standalone charger

Any charger can be hardwired direct to the pack without ill effects however - if you have a 3rd wire it is likely a safety interlock and this will need to be addressed or the cart won't run.
So we need to know which cart you are asking about.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:56 AM   #3
diesel97
Not Yet Wild

I'm sorry the cart is a mid 2000 PDS with run/tow switch under seat.The charger I have is a PowerWise model number 28115 G04.Thanks so much.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:35 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay in a 2000 PDS you have a reed switch in the charge receptacle. By pass this by connecting the small wire in the receptacle to the battery pack main(+), then cut the plug off the charger and wire directly to the cart white to (+) and black to (-)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:38 AM   #5
diesel97
Not Yet Wild

Ok great thank you.Im gonna be installing new batteries next week and just didn't want to do anything to jeopardize there longevity.thx again.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel97 View Post
Ok great thank you.Im gonna be installing new batteries next week and just didn't want to do anything to jeopardize there longevity.thx again.
ok , nice to see your looking out for your batteries , but did you think about your charger. Why would you want to abuse it with moving ,bumping and vibrations of going down the road all the time . Now granted some of us play harder on our carts then others but theres always bumps no matter how you drive.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:28 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Not to mention water and dust, which most chargers aren't designed to handle.

Also, if it's a coil and core transformer type, it needs to "breathe" to dissipate heat while charging.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:24 AM   #8
Retodd
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to revive an old thread but I’m trying to do the same thing. So if I understand correctly, I just wire the small red wire and white charging lead to B+, and black charging lead to B-?
Retodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:08 PM   #9
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodd View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread but I’m trying to do the same thing. So if I understand correctly, I just wire the small red wire and white charging lead to B+, and black charging lead to B-?
You're right on the black and white, but you're thinking backwards on the small red wire. It carries power from the receptacle to the cart to enable it to run. You would need to connect the small red from the cart to battery +, not the small red from the receptacle to battery + . ( If I'm properly interpreting what you're saying )
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:57 PM   #10
Retodd
Not Yet Wild

Yes I understand the red wire going to the controller, but there’s a small red wire also in the charger cable. Not sure where to land that one.
Retodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO