lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
JDutour
Not Yet Wild

Default 1993 Marathon only has reverse

I just purchased this golf cart a few days ago. I got it cheap and plan on a full restoration. It did not move at all. The previous owner told me his "electrician buddy" checked it out. He said it needed the solenoid and speed potentiometer. The local shop had the solenoid. I had to order the pot. After installing the solenoid, I have reverse but not forward motion. The solenoid clicks in forward but I have no motion. Could this still be the pot, or am I missing something else? Thanks in advance. John
JDutour is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 1993 Marathon only has reverse

Likely a problem with the Forward/Reverse switch. They are generally toasted when this happens & a new board & cam is the fix (old terminals fried up & sunken into the board).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #3
JDutour
Not Yet Wild

Angry Re: 1993 Marathon only has reverse

Ok, now I'm even more confused. I took the FNR switch apart. All of the terminals were clean. I wire brushed them, put them back together, and checked them with my meter. I have continuity through all posts. I put it back together (exactly the way it was) and still only have reverse. The solenoid still clicks when you put it in forward. I removed and cleaned all connections to motor, controller, and FNR. Still the same. I switched S1 and S2 connections at the motor and I still only get reverse. I only get movement from the motor when the switch is in the reverse position. I should be reversing polarity of the motor when reversing S1 and S2, correct? I'm baffled. Could the controller be bad? What should be a simple solution has got me scratching my head.

On my FNR, the "C" and "D" terminals are reversed. If I wire it according to the diagram I get nothing.

Confused......
Old 04-07-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Luke Duke
Getting Wild

Just swap the motor leads. Problem solved.
Luke Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:44 AM   #5
JDutour
Not Yet Wild

How would that solve the problem if it will still only good one direction?????????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO