lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
ncrr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Now 42V :)

Finished all the wiring, and other stuff related to the upgrade to 42V. Cart now has a lot more 'pep'. Will try the new motor profile received from Altrax..... Notice that the DPI charger remains powdered up all the time, regardless of whether its plugged into the cart or not. Presume that is normal.
ncrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Now 42V :)

Mine does the same thing(DPI as well)

What is the new motor profile? Stock motor?
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:55 AM   #3
ncrr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradconrad View Post
Mine does the same thing(DPI as well) What is the new motor profile? Stock motor?
Yes it is for the EZ stock 36V motor. Scotty had mentioned it in one of his posts. He provided a link where I could request the map.. I have not loaded the new map, as my shop laptop crapped out. I plan to borrow my SWMBO's laptop while she is out shopping later to set it up..... She does not like me messing with her PC.....
Old 04-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Unless the model number of your DPI charger has an "R" in its prefix, it does not have the AC relay option installed and is powered up whenever it is plugged into AC power.

Except for power outages and relocating where I park the cart, my DPI has been powered up since it came out of the box.

As for the SWMBO vs laptop saga, the laptop I bought to program/monitor a DCX controller and keep up with BGW while away from home, ended up being her gateway to Facebook and Ancestry and I avoided her wrath by buying a refurbished laptop with a small screen that is better suited for carrying in the cart while monitoring the controller, so we are both happy.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #5
ncrr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A FYI for ya....

I had asked the folks at DPI about which mode to use with a set of new Interstate 210AH cart batteries, since Interstate was not listed in documentation. I had set to Mode 1.

I received the following:
We are now recommending MODE 3 for the new Interstate batteries. In that mode, you should see a peak voltage of 50.4 Vdc.
Rick

Richard J. Maczka
rmaczka@dpipower.com
Diversified Power International, LLC
414 Century Court
Piney Flats, TN 37686

Tel: 800 334-5091
Fax: 423 538-9202
Old 04-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The on-charge voltage will peak a bit higher then 50.4V in Mode-3.

That is the voltage reached in the Absorption (Constant-Voltage) phase (Yellow LED on and Amps less than max). When it advances to the finish charge phase (Yellow and Green LEDs both on), the voltage is allowed to climb until its rate of climb decreases to whatever the dV/dT (change in Voltage over change in Time) criteria for Mode-3 is.

I use Mode-3 with my 42V Exide battery pack and I've seen it go over 52V, but I've never checked to see what the peak voltage reached was. As long as it stays below 58.6V I'm happy.

Next time I do any range testing, I'll leave a DVM set to Min/Max on the pack and see what it climbs to, but my batteries are 4+ years old, so it won't be the same as it was when they were new.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO