lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2017, 11:31 PM   #1
Hawkeyestoob
Not Yet Wild

Default What size rivets do you use for the body?

I pulled off the back body section to replace the battery tray on my cart and don't want to buy the whole body rivet kit if I am only going to need 1/2 of them.

It sure looks like I could get by with just a couple sizes and a few backing washers. What sizes do I need to get for this or am I better off just buying the kit?
Hawkeyestoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2017, 04:46 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What size rivets do you use for the body?

I've done several and never tracked what size goes where, but there are several sizes involved. My suggestion is to just get the kit and you know you have what you need. To me it's not worth the frustration of getting part way in and have to stop to make yet another trip to the hardware store.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:40 AM   #3
bmr4106
Not Yet Wild

Lowe's sells two lengths of 3/16, the boxes are labeled "long" & "medium". They also sell 3/16 backing washers. I have found these two lengths to do just fine. They aren't black,like the rivers across the dash. I bought a rivet pack for those, if it makes that much difference to you. If the original hole is too small, just drill it out.
bmr4106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The body rivets were 1/4 " and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we're ss. Ordering the kit is easiest but you can probably source them locally from somewhere like fastenal.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #5
Hawkeyestoob
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone. I will head to Fastenal and or Grainger early this week to get what I need.
Hawkeyestoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO