lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #1
Jarrodnorris007
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Differential problems

I was riding my 36v 2006 ezgo series model golf cart yesterday and stopped for about 10 minutes. When i got back on, and pushed the gas it started jerking very bad, like I wad stabbing the gas. Reverse seemed to work ok. I got it home and took the differential plate off, and there was no oil at all in the pan. The passenger side tire was kind of hard to turn and the driver side tire was extremely hard to turn. I pushed the gas while under it (on jacks) and the motor jerks so hard it looks like it wants to come off the cart, and VERY hot. HELP PLEASE!!!
Jarrodnorris007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2017, 07:08 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Differential problems

well first off....unless you saw/see that there was a obvious massive oil leak that it all left the pan in a short time.....I would bet its been dry or mostly dry for a good while. BUT for the sake of making sure you fix your cart right and the first time. with the cart still up in the jack stands and once the motor has completely cooled off....do you still have the same resistance movement when trying to spin the wheels by hand? Then its time to remove the motor....how does it feel now? the fact that there was little or no oil in the pan doesn't mean your diff is bad.....it could be that your motor just cratered. If the diff still feels stiff after pulling the motor off...there is certainly something amiss. most likely bad bearings.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO