lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2017, 09:56 PM   #1
cjcolbyjack
Not Yet Wild

Default danaher to curtis orange wire ?

ive read all the threads about the danaher to curtis conversion upgrade and i still cant figure out the orange wires. seeing how everyone was so incredible at answering my questions last time. i figured i would ask again. ok heres where im confused. it shows tapping into 2 orange wires. one goes from the old adapter to the speed sensor (i am assuming the gas pedal?) the orange going back to the the speed sensor is capped off and you tie the orange from the old adapter to the orange on the new adapter. the second orange wire they talk about comes from the motor. i put a pigtail on the first set and tied it to the orange going back to the motor and capped off the orange that was tied to it going towards the front of the golf cart. i turn on the key it kicks on and the brake releases without touching either pedal. then nothing happens when i press either pedal. so then i tied in the orange from the motor that i capped off before and it does the same thing. i sure hope this makes sense to someone?
cjcolbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2017, 10:35 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: danaher to curtis orange wire ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcolbyjack View Post
ive read all the threads about the danaher to curtis conversion upgrade and i still cant figure out the orange wires. seeing how everyone was so incredible at answering my questions last time. i figured i would ask again. ok heres where im confused. it shows tapping into 2 orange wires. one goes from the old adapter to the speed sensor (i am assuming the gas pedal?) the orange going back to the the speed sensor is capped off and you tie the orange from the old adapter to the orange on the new adapter. the second orange wire they talk about comes from the motor. i put a pigtail on the first set and tied it to the orange going back to the motor and capped off the orange that was tied to it going towards the front of the golf cart. i turn on the key it kicks on and the brake releases without touching either pedal. then nothing happens when i press either pedal. so then i tied in the orange from the motor that i capped off before and it does the same thing. i sure hope this makes sense to someone?
It makes perfect sense. The speed sensor wire is the Motor Speed Sensor, not the throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor and the brake position sensor both share the same orange wire and black wire. The Motor Speed Sensor has its own orange and black wires that are seperate from the throttle and brake sensor wires. The Motor Temperature Sensor shares the black wire with the Motor Speed Sensor.

Confused yet?
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:53 PM   #3
cjcolbyjack
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
It makes perfect sense. The speed sensor wire is the Motor Speed Sensor, not the throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor and the brake position sensor both share the same orange wire and black wire. The Motor Speed Sensor has its own orange and black wires that are seperate from the throttle and brake sensor wires. The Motor Temperature Sensor shares the black wire with the Motor Speed Sensor.

Confused yet?

lol yes its confusing. so the motor orange is the only orange i should being tapping into? basically just take the orange and do exactly what i did with the white? which wire are they talking about that gets capped off? going towards the front of the cart. thank you so much for your response!
Old 06-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcolbyjack View Post
lol yes its confusing. so the motor orange is the only orange i should being tapping into? basically just take the orange and do exactly what i did with the white? which wire are they talking about that gets capped off? going towards the front of the cart. thank you so much for your response!
I don't use the conversion kit, I actually convert the harness with a new 35 pin connector. Those conversion kits are problematic if you live in a humid environment such as FL, AL, LA, SE coastal US, ect. The PCB they use as a backplane for the connectors corrodes and causes issues. I wrote a step by step instruction thread for doing a Danaher to Curtis controller conversion just by changing the connector and cutting/splicing a few wires.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ocumented.html

Read up on that, it may be informative.

Bob
Old 06-01-2017, 10:29 PM   #5
cjcolbyjack
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I don't use the conversion kit, I actually convert the harness with a new 35 pin connector. Those conversion kits are problematic if you live in a humid environment such as FL, AL, LA, SE coastal US, ect. The PCB they use as a backplane for the connectors corrodes and causes issues. I wrote a step by step instruction thread for doing a Danaher to Curtis controller conversion just by changing the connector and cutting/splicing a few wires.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ocumented.html

Read up on that, it may be informative.

Bob
yes i have read your thread a few times before. it makes sense to have less connections because of corrosion. i really dont understand why the kit wont work new though? do you know where i can find a pic of the 2 adapters showing the pin lay out of 1-23 and 1-38 or whatever they are? once again i cant thank you enough for your help!
Old 06-02-2017, 05:33 AM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I've done that conversion if you take your time it is very easy to do. I read the instructions a dozen times of so before I started to do the conversion. I had my wires already marked that I was going to work with. Bob had me solder the wires together instead of using those splicing clips that they furnish. I also used heat shrink tubing on all my splices to keep the moisture out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RXV after 5-Dec-2009.JPG (128.5 KB, 0 views)
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #7
cjcolbyjack
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
I've done that conversion if you take your time it is very easy to do. I read the instructions a dozen times of so before I started to do the conversion. I had my wires already marked that I was going to work with. Bob had me solder the wires together instead of using those splicing clips that they furnish. I also used heat shrink tubing on all my splices to keep the moisture out.
\
ok i'm so confused i just want to make sure everyone knows exactly what i have in case there has been revisions no one is aware of. 350 amp RXV 350A , MODEL: 1206AC-5360, 20170602_203207.jpg

20170602_203330.jpg

20170602_203202.jpg

20170602_203337.jpg

20170602_203326.jpg
Old 06-03-2017, 02:48 AM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I have the Curtis 1206AC-5350 upgrade controller. usgicollector has the Curtis upgrade for the Danaher controller, which uses the same 23 pin Danaher to 35 pin Curtis adapter that you have. Unless I am mistaken, you are wanting to use a Curtis controller in an earlier RXV that was equipped with a Danaher controller. Correct?
Old 06-03-2017, 06:02 AM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

As far as I know it doesn't make a difference if your doing a 235 amp controller or a 350 amp controller. It's the same conversion.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:46 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
As far as I know it doesn't make a difference if your doing a 235 amp controller or a 350 amp controller. It's the same conversion.
Exactly!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO