lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #1
BG59
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question How do I figure out what year & model EZ GO cart I have?

Hello,

I have an EZ-GO 36 volt golf cart that has had a "home built" front end installed on it before I bought it. During the fabrication & install the previous owner lost or discarded the identification tag and I have been unable to locate anything else that might tell me what year & model the cart is. I believe it to be a 1994 & Up EZ-GO TXT, possibly a 2001-2004, but I'm not sure. as far as I can tell it is a Sepex, DCS control system according to an image I found here.

Is there any other way to figure out exactly what year & model I have?
BG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2017, 05:59 PM   #2
mikec557
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do I figure out what year & model EZ GO cart I have?

BG

There are a couple more out of the way places to find the serial number plate on your ezgo. The first is under the seat... there is a black plastic shield that goes across the back of the battery bay area. Its actually hinged and you can lift it, or fold it, upward. There is usually a serial number tag there, I've also seen the info dimpled into the steel in that location. The other location to check is on the frame rail under the cart. I can't remember if its the left or right side, but lay on the ground and look at the long frame member, if it hasn't been painted over there is a tag there as well.

Once you have the serial number, go to this web site and type it in. There are also some videos there you can watch to find other areas of the cart to look for the number.

https://shop.ezgo.com/customer-servi...locBoCO73w_wcB

Hope that helps.
Mike
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:59 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Not 100% sure on this, but looking up DCS parts on shop.ezgo leads me to believe the year ranges were 96-99. Also, if it's a Sepex drive (2 small & 2 big wires on motor), AND does Not have a tach sensor on the end of the motor, it's a DCS for sure.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:37 PM   #4
BG59
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Mike, I have been all over/under the cart, but I will check again in those areas and look for others on the site you provided. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec557 View Post
BG

There are a couple more out of the way places to find the serial number plate on your ezgo. The first is under the seat... there is a black plastic shield that goes across the back of the battery bay area. Its actually hinged and you can lift it, or fold it, upward. There is usually a serial number tag there, I've also seen the info dimpled into the steel in that location. The other location to check is on the frame rail under the cart. I can't remember if its the left or right side, but lay on the ground and look at the long frame member, if it hasn't been painted over there is a tag there as well.

Once you have the serial number, go to this web site and type it in. There are also some videos there you can watch to find other areas of the cart to look for the number.

https://shop.ezgo.com/customer-servi...locBoCO73w_wcB

Hope that helps.
Mike
Old 06-04-2017, 06:43 PM   #5
BG59
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks cgtech, You could very well be right. The guy I bought it from suggested that year range. It does have the 2 big and 2 small wires I'm sure, and maybe one more? I'll have to look again, I have CRS and I'm not sure ATM.
I appreciate your taking time to offer knowledge & advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Not 100% sure on this, but looking up DCS parts on shop.ezgo leads me to believe the year ranges were 96-99. Also, if it's a Sepex drive (2 small & 2 big wires on motor), AND does Not have a tach sensor on the end of the motor, it's a DCS for sure.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:10 PM   #6
mikec557
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG59 View Post
Thanks Mike, I have been all over/under the cart, but I will check again in those areas and look for others on the site you provided. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.
You're welcome BG. And while I was just now reading an interesting thread, I came across this picture and have "borrowed" it to show you the frame rail to look at. I've circled the two rails in red. Take a look...

PS Thanks to TexTurbo for his TXT rebuild thread from which I borrowed the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frame Rail for Serial Number Tag.jpg (323.8 KB, 0 views)
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:31 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

That SN should be near the pedals on the driver's side.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:22 PM   #8
BG59
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Mike, I just went out and checked those areas and I did not find anything. :(
Right now the cart isn't functional because I did a stupid, but I'll start another thread for that issue. :embarrassed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec557 View Post
You're welcome BG. And while I was just now reading an interesting thread, I came across this picture and have "borrowed" it to show you the frame rail to look at. I've circled the two rails in red. Take a look...

PS Thanks to TexTurbo for his TXT rebuild thread from which I borrowed the pic.
cgtech, I also checked the frame where the pedals are, but just on the outside of the frame. I'll check the inside of the frame tomorrow if I can, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That SN should be near the pedals on the driver's side.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:43 PM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

If it were in that location, you could see it by looking under the cart from the driver's side, no crawling under.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:41 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

May also be engraved on the top of the frame rail beside the right rear tire.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO