lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2019, 08:03 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: On board charger cover for ERIC charger and hook up help

The best way is to cut the light blue wire that goes to controller pin #5 (the interlock signal).

Tape the side going into the harness as it will not be used.

Run the side that goes into the controller directly to interlock connection on the new relay.

You may want to check what Fairtax4me said just in case, plug the charger AC plug and the cart DC plug at the same time to make sure it works/charges fine.

My understand is the only reason Club Car says to plug into AC first than wait for the blue light to come ON is because in case of a problem they only have one trouble light (triangular) that blinks the same regardless if the problem is the charger or cart, so following that sequence if there is an error you know what side it happened.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2022, 02:40 AM   #12
hardhouseinc
Getting Wild

Default Re: On board charger cover for ERIC charger and hook up help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigge1974 View Post
Sergio that makes sense and helps a bunch. On a cart with the Eric charger a no obc the lockout lead off the relay would connect into the factory lockout wire in the cart?
Your time & help is Much Appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Maybe this quick sketch will help, You wire the relay coil in parallel with the charger 120vAC input wires wherever is convenient.

The charger positive output goes through the relay contacts so it is only connected to pack positive when the charger is plugged to AC.

If You get a SPDT relay, you can also use the N.C. relay contacts to power the Controller interlock that the ERIC or OBC used to control.

That connection will depend exactly which cart you are installing.

Here is a example of a 120Vac SPDT 30 amp relay:
https://www.amazon.com/Zettler-Minia...SC8/ref=sr_1_4

I have a couple questions regarding this charger setup too. I have an ERIC charger which supports the temp probe. You then need the wiring harness for the batteries with the probe. I see it also has a cable for standard interlock? Im charging an older 2005 precedent and the OBC bypassed. What is the INTERLOCK wire for? To lockout the controller when charging?
Where would that go if you decide to hook it up?
Untitled.jpg
Also, if I wanted to try and use the cable and connect that internally to the cart and the charging port, could you connect the wire for the temp probe to the third post that usually goes to the OBC? Then connect the third prong wire on the charger cable to the temp probe post? TO connect all of these seems like it needs to be onboard or hang a custom plug for them out the seat and not use the factory charging port if you cant put it onboard?

Eric
hardhouseinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car