lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2019, 04:37 PM   #1
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Alltrax programming

I would like to adjust the regen and possibly clear auto-cal now that I have temporarily fixed my MCOR. What steps should be taken before programming an Alltrax?

Key off
Switch to tow
FNR to neutral
Remove negative from battery bank
Remove positive from battery bank
Remove wires from motor?
Cart in open area?

Thanks in advance.
1petezrinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2019, 07:25 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax programming

You don't have to do any of that stuff.
1. Download Alltrax Software Toolkit and unzip it.
2. Next with a USB printer cable plug into the Controller and the other end to computer and start the program
3. First time you plug in it will update software if it's different.
4. Download the software manual and start reading. Any question ask here.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:34 PM   #3
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Haven't used mine in about a year but I seem to recall you need to unplug your charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SCCLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok, so if nothing needs to be unhooked, I will take it to the other extreme. Can I have a laptop plugged into the Alltrax, sitting on my seat and make real time adjustments while driving?
Old 08-31-2019, 02:15 PM   #5
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1petezrinski View Post
Ok, so if nothing needs to be unhooked, I will take it to the other extreme. Can I have a laptop plugged into the Alltrax, sitting on my seat and make real time adjustments while driving?
Yes you can get live data. As for the adjustments, I don’t think you can make them on the fly, cart must be stopped I think. Can’t remember. You can have program open while driving and see live data.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:00 PM   #6
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

You can log (record) live data as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SCCLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:13 AM   #7
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Decided on taking the middle road of precautions:
1. Key off
2. Neutral
3. In tow

So far, the cart hasn't jolted forward and crashed into my garage. I guess the next check point will be when I make a change and hit "set".
Old 09-01-2019, 12:44 PM   #8
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nevermind
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:31 PM   #9
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Programming was a success, as there were no accidents. The default setting is pretty awesome but my goal is to get a little LESS acceleration at start (it’s head snapping) and a little less regenerative braking at top speed (would love to coast down from 24+ to 20 mph and then powerful regen. Today I made 4 adjustments from the default settings, which were as follows:

Regen Throttle Reverse Turbo Style
Factory 63.9 25 60 on street
Rev 1 55.5 20 40 on street
Rev 2 55.5 20 40 on turf
Rev 3 60 15 40 off street
Rev 4 60 10 40 on street

I lowered reverse from 60% to 40%, as I really don't go in reverse and when I do, I just need to go maybe 20 feet. It now feels like there is not as much torque and/or acceleration. I’ll probably even lower it to 20% during tomorrow’s trial runs. For me, the “style” definitely needs to be street. When in turf, the acceleration off the line was SO slow. It started to pick up gradually maybe around 12 mph. Also, “turbo” definitely needs to be on and only for the reason that I could only reach 18 mph. However, I actually liked how the regen felt, as it wasn’t as strong coming off the pedal at 24 mph but still allowed me to come to a complete stop without using the brake. Now for what I didn’t expect. Changing the throttle rate did NOT have that big of an impact on start line acceleration. However, it felt like there was a little less throughout, which also had an effect on the regen by not making it so strong upon pedal lift. I went all the way down to 10% throttle and I still had some head jolting initial acceleration, with almost as strong of braking power (still came to complete stop within maybe 50 feet (going to measure this tomorrow).
Old 09-04-2019, 07:14 AM   #10
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

After 14 runs with varying adjustments, I've settled on 70 amps for both regen settings, 25% throttle rate, turbo and street. Acceleration off the line is quick but not head jerking and responsive throughout. I can't coast when completely lifting off the pedal at 24 mph but regen is not as hard at top speed yet still brings me to a complete stop. I can cruise at 15 or 20 mph and either quickly and smoothly accelerate to 24 or lift off pedal and calmly slow down to desired speed. I'm extremely pleased with the Alltrax controller and the new settings that are more towards my liking. Now, here is the catch. I've settled on settings that are almost identical as factory or at least what David set. How can that be? Has the MCOR, throttle or controller "learned" something?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car