lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2019, 05:08 AM   #1
john11139
Not Yet Wild

Default Information on battery charger

I just bought a carryall,Serial F0537-519233. I assume it is a 05. Correct me if wrong. This going to be quite a project for me. So I need help. It came from a large apartment housing complex. Some one stole the batteries, cables and charger. It has sat in a storage shed for about 5 years. A fellow bought it with the intention of fixing it up for his grand kids until he seen what it would cost. Car seems to be in pretty decent shape. First off I don't want to sink a great amount of money into until I see if it will work or just part it out. I gave $500. for it. Does it take 6 8v batteries. (or did it come with 4- 12v) There no cores to trade in so talking about some money there. Can I jack it up and just hook 4 12 v car batteries to see if the wheels turn forward and backward? Then go from there. The charger is missing. Will the chargers listed on Ebay for around $80. work? The right charger goes for around $300. There is no key for it. Can I just go to dealer and get one or will I have to replace ignition switch? I don't want to get more than $1000. to get it going, with cost of car that would be $1500. Would it be worth that? That ought to be enough questions to get me started.
john11139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2019, 06:03 AM   #2
alchemy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Information on battery charger

Man that stinks. Are you sure they didn't steal other electronics off of it? I'm reluctant to say anything because there are people here that really know these but as for 4 car batteries to test I don't see why not. Are you sure it does not have an on board charger?
As for cores, my local NAPA will take equal or greater cores like two car batteries for one and took a 130# battery for two.
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:11 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

As long as you can get 48v you will be good for testing. That cart when have came with a 4x12 set-up.

Any Club Car key will fit. Just get one from any friend, golf course or eBay.

Make you own cables, but be very very careful when hooking this all up. One bad spark on the controller side and it will be toast.

You may have a Run/Tow switch under the seat, if so, always have it in run when working on the cables or electronics. Connect your Main Pack Negative very last and after you have double checked everything.

Any good quality smart charger will work. Look in the For Sale section here for some used ones.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:23 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Most all of the cheap chargers on eBay etc are low amperage output types. These types will not properly charge a golf cart battery because these batteries require a bulk stage replenishment of 10% their capacity (capacity is 165-190 amp hours for 8v) or the batteries will sulfate as the the elements stagnate at the bottom of the cells quickly reducing the performance of your investment. My experience is that 95% of these finds just need batteries and/or a single fix that parked them in the shed to begin with.
Good Luck.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:29 AM   #5
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
As long as you can get 48v you will be good for testing. That cart when have came with a 4x12 set-up.

Any Club Car key will fit. Just get one from any friend, golf course or eBay.

Make you own cables, but be very very careful when hooking this all up. One bad spark on the controller side and it will be toast.

You may have a Run/Tow switch under the seat, if so, always have it in run when working on the cables or electronics. Connect your Main Pack Negative very last and after you have double checked everything.

Any good quality smart charger will work. Look in the For Sale section here for some used ones.
You may have a Run/Tow switch under the seat, if so, always have it in run when working on the cables or electronics. Connect your Main Pack Negative very last and after you have double checked everything. Grab another cup of coffee. Don’t you mean Run/Tow switch in Tow
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:25 AM   #6
alchemy
Gone Wild

that's what I thought too, just a typo? BTW, is the tow/run switch a main power switch?
Old 09-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #7
john11139
Not Yet Wild

Found a key today from friends club car. Had a chance to look it over today. Really not that bad of shape. Someone had mounted a sun roof on it and had the back bow brackets in the bed anchored. Had put screws in bed so it wouldn't tilt. Don't ask me why they did that. Took sun roof off for now, tilted bed, and controller is there. You refer to the tow position switch. Is that the same as the forward, reverse, neutral switch? Other than that and the key switch is all I see. Took me three hours to chisel and chip all the acid build up off the battery tray and wash it down good with baking soda. Some one said it is a good idea to paint it with POR 15 paint. Any opinions. .
john11139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:01 PM   #8
alchemy
Gone Wild

my tow run switch is under the seat
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car