lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2016, 08:34 PM   #11
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo st workhorse headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegger View Post
I was looking at aftermarket LED based headlights for some of the older trucks that used bulbs in the same size range as the ST's used. So far, I haven't really found anything that might work.
Yeah, I went that route too. Never did find anything.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #12
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I looked at several pictures of the cowl and was thinking of removing part of the back of the light area to see if something would work. In the end, still at square one.

I even contacted a few vendors about the LED lights they use on the Marathon light kits. None I contacted had the lights available as a replacement. Their common comment was to buy a whole new kit just to replace the headlight.

Crazy.
tegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #13
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'll have to dig around to find the photos, but we did a ST last year for a customer who had installed these in his ST cowl (this may not be the exact light but sure looks like the same assemblies)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30W-CREE-U2-...dWFNit&vxp=mtr

The Gist of the install was that he unscrewed the very front of the light that holds the O-ring and lens in place, then cut 2 holes on each side where the headlights normally would have been to the size of the threaded headlight itself, inserted them through from the rear then tightened the lens and retaining ring back on from the front, effectively mounting them permanently as a dual-light system that replaced the rectangle stock bulb. Looked pretty cool and was a definite increase over the stock lighting (although nowhere near as bright as a full light bar mounted on the cowl, which is what I personally prefer)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:45 AM   #14
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
I'll have to dig around to find the photos, but we did a ST last year for a customer who had installed these in his ST cowl (this may not be the exact light but sure looks like the same assemblies)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30W-CREE-U2-...dWFNit&vxp=mtr

The Gist of the install was that he unscrewed the very front of the light that holds the O-ring and lens in place, then cut 2 holes on each side where the headlights normally would have been to the size of the threaded headlight itself, inserted them through from the rear then tightened the lens and retaining ring back on from the front, effectively mounting them permanently as a dual-light system that replaced the rectangle stock bulb. Looked pretty cool and was a definite increase over the stock lighting (although nowhere near as bright as a full light bar mounted on the cowl, which is what I personally prefer)
I would love to see pictures if you can find them.

I've been tossing around the idea of having a low/hi beam setup on it. Use the low beams around campgrounds when we need enough light to see in front of us and the hi beams when we want to see more out infront when cruising at a higher speed and there's no one to be disturbed.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:10 PM   #15
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Close:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381827963473...MakeTrack=true
Old 10-11-2021, 08:44 PM   #16
Txstate07
Not Yet Wild

This thread is old now, just seeing if anyone found a solution they were happy with?
Txstate07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO