lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Help. RXV goes 1mph

Take the brake off and inspect.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #12
cgtech

Yamaha

I repeat, take the brake off and inspect.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #13
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well friends I tried all suggestions and no go. My cart just goes limp mode forward and reverse. It has now sat all summer and will have to continue sitting. I'm out of work again and can't afford motors or controllers. I was really hoping I would be able to resolve it myself but I guess it is not meant to be. If by some chance someone knows if there is a way to reset these to factory...maybe a button to press or something.I am hoping for that attempt to maybe work and somehow the program is messed up and causing limp mode.

Thanks in advance!
PinballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:04 AM   #14
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You have been given the best advice on troubleshooting by an expert. I highly recommend you follow cgtech's advice. If you did follow his advice, tell us what you did and what you found out so troubleshooting can continue.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:14 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Cg, is it possible the brake has failed so bad it is causing it to go into limp mode? Shorted or open brake coil?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

I suppose so, but if the disk is NOT shattered (i still think the brake is a problem, because you can push it anytime), i am leaning towards the temp sensor. Did you download the manual to use for diagnosis? You could unplug the temp sensor and measure the motor-side of the plug to check temp sensor ohm reading.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #17
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I suppose so, but if the disk is NOT shattered (i still think the brake is a problem, because you can push it anytime), i am leaning towards the temp sensor. Did you download the manual to use for diagnosis? You could unplug the temp sensor and measure the motor-side of the plug to check temp sensor ohm reading.
Yes I did everything you suggested and with the manual. I have the brake completely off. Did not take it apart though. The cart still goes 1 mph. So it has to be software related right? I took the motor off and everything spins free. I understand I cannot hook it up on the bench since one end bearing is in the rear dif. mount housing. Speaking of that the rear dif. spins by hand freely. I replaced the fluid a little over a year ago and still looks new. If I can't afford to purchase a motor (if needed) and decide to sell as is. What do you guys think I can get? It is a 4 person shuttle. Green body with headlights and taillights that work. Has the extra length roof too.
PinballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #18
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

RXV's are computer controlled. If the controller sees a problem it will not operate properly (limp home mode).

Parking brake is checked at "KEY ON" -brake locked- -command motor to turn 1/4 turn forward and reverse- if motor turns -fail-

If Parking brake does not work, cart WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY.
Until you replace parking brake you are wasting your time.

bolts on parking brake are aluminum.

tighten to 10 INCH POUNDS. not ft LBS.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:34 AM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

When the motor brake is installed on motor, But NOT plugged in, can you push cart? If so, replace brake before doing anything else.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck View Post
RXV's are computer controlled. If the controller sees a problem it will not operate properly (limp home mode).

Parking brake is checked at "KEY ON" -brake locked- -command motor to turn 1/4 turn forward and reverse- if motor turns -fail-

If Parking brake does not work, cart WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY.
Until you replace parking brake you are wasting your time.

bolts on parking brake are aluminum.

tighten to 10 INCH POUNDS. not ft LBS.

Hmmmm... That being said.... Could he try leaving the brake plugged in and have someone hold a wrench on the end of the motor to act as a brake making sure not to touch the electric studs when someone turns the key on... If it runs after that a brake should fix it ?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO