lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2022, 06:48 AM   #1
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 Precedent Excel Help Needed

I recently aquired a 2011 Precedent I thought would be an easy fix. The throttle was cutting out under more than 3/4 pedal push. Would continue to run by simply lifting foot and pressing again without going too far down. Everything I read and have experienced in the past with these pointed to the MCOR. Swapped that out and it's doing exactly the same thing. I tried an original style and the MCOR 4 conversion. I had my suspicions about the batteries (6-8V) and did find two that were dropping heavy under load so I purchased a new pack. Did not change issue. Also installed new speed sensor with no change. I'm at a loss on it now and not sure where to turn. Controller?? Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance for reading and any insights.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2022, 07:06 AM   #2
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Precedent Excel Help Needed

Jneubig.. while my problem (intermittent) is not quite the same it seems to have gone away now that I bypassed the OBC. My buggy would ( if parked for a while) seem to go to sleep and not wake up unless I turned off key and pressed and released several times. they key on and it would run again. A few months ago I did a Lith drop in upgrade and moved to a smart charger. As part of that conversion I did the OBC bypass and I have not experienced the issue since.. Not saying its the fix but my problem seems to have gone away.
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:13 AM   #3
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by expoman55 View Post
Jneubig.. while my problem (intermittent) is not quite the same it seems to have gone away now that I bypassed the OBC. My buggy would ( if parked for a while) seem to go to sleep and not wake up unless I turned off key and pressed and released several times. they key on and it would run again. A few months ago I did a Lith drop in upgrade and moved to a smart charger. As part of that conversion I did the OBC bypass and I have not experienced the issue since.. Not saying its the fix but my problem seems to have gone away.
I am not having a sleep issue with it at all. I also bought a smart charger (forgot to mention that) but it needs the OBC. Appreciate the reply.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:24 AM   #4
greg-g
Gone Wild

What color is the controller in your car and what is your first two letters and four numbers of your serial number
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 11:24 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
What color is the controller in your car and what is your first two letters and four numbers of your serial number
X2
Issue sounds similar to the problems when swapping an IQ controller into an Excel cart.
This cart should have a Grey Curtis controller.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:30 PM   #6
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It does have the grey Curtis. Model is 1515-5201. Talked to David at Revolution earlier and he gave me a couple things to check. The MCOR wire resistors are what he says the symptoms seem to be pointing at. Local electronics store had some that should work. I'm going to run over to our building after work and check the wires. Hope it something that easy. I'll report back with what I find. Thanks guys
Old 06-30-2022, 01:52 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

David's got you on the right track, let us know how it turns out.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:56 PM   #8
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Once again, David was absolutely correct. I traded a high end kayak for this cart a couple weeks ago and really didn't know it's history. Figured the throttle issue was just the MCOR. Apparently, someone removed the resistors all together. There were splices where they should have been. I installed three new ones and am off and running. Thanks again David and great talking to you again today.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car