lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2015, 11:57 AM   #11
pistonportindy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Anyone else with a g11? Possible build

OK spent some more time on the cart this morning. Looks like it has the correct flywheel for the igniter. However, i found the igniter full of water, and the ground wire that goes to it was pulled out of the connector. I took the igniter apart, dried it out and cleaned it, and fixed the ground, but to no avail. Still no spark. I also checked all teh wires coming from the ignitor and all have continuity with where they are going. There is the red / w power wire, the orange wire that goes to the coil, the two other white wires that come from the pickup, and a ground. So next is to try it in my neighbors cart and see if it works or not. Seems strange to have so many pins and only 5 wires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart2.jpg (162.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart1.jpg (149.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart3.jpg (96.7 KB, 0 views)
pistonportindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2015, 11:37 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Flywheel looks right, ignitor looks pretty hosed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:58 AM   #13
pistonportindy
Not Yet Wild

I don't have a problem ordering the igniter, just want to make sure I'm getting the correct one. Looks like jf2-82305-00 is the correct one? My concern is that it says it comes wi th a 7 pin connector and that is not what's on the cart now. Specifically states this igniter is for the g11 carts. It does look Kim in the pictures that the wire colors ate right and there are only 5 wires going into the igniter. Any help would be appreciated as I doubt this part wood be returnable.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

Honestly, there is no way to give you 100% peace of mind on this one due to the "hacked" nature of the wiring. I think, based on the currently installed flywheel, plug, & ignitor, you should be ordering an ignitor for a g2, not a g11.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:11 PM   #15
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I don't know CG and OP. If the flywheel/pulsar/coil are really G2 (I really can't tell from the pictures), I would recommend a G2 wire harness (part# j38-82590-21-00 $98.90 and available) and lengthen the key switch, oil lite and possibly the stop switch wires. I'm concerned about the ignitor having water in it, you just don't know till that mess is in order. Just my 2 cents worth. PS, I really liked the one I brought back from the dead years ago Good luck with your build!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C61B.jpg (5.1 KB, 0 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #16
pistonportindy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks small block, nice cart. I actually had two of those harness' and returned them. None of the plugs were the same and it jsut didnt look like it would help. From what I can see the wires although not great, do seem to follow the diagram i got off one of the sites. At this point i'm thinking the way to go is get the correct igniter for the cart as the the five wire harness is really whats in the cart and I could easily adapt the five wires onto the new igniter. I'm just concerned that igniter wont work with the flywheel if I buy one. I did download the G11 owners manual today and it has a wire harness in the back of it. It shows a single blue wire coming from the pickup, my cart has two white wires one with a red if i remember and one with a black both going to the igniter. Maybe none of this stuff is original to the cart? I just dont know whats supposed to be there and what works with what. I really don't think this is that complicated, I just need to make sure I have the parts that will work together. Mechanic by trade, just never had a golf cart before. This shouldn't be that difficult.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:48 AM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

I am 100% sure that G11 ignitor will not work with a G2 flywheel & pulser (tried it myself, with out the info from 'Block, i would have been screwed). Sold a used-good engine from a G2 to go in a G11. Told them "swap all electrical parts from the old engine to the new engine, including flywheel". Got the whole cart (with transplant motor, wire-nuts and all) a few months later, they said "we cant get it to run above idle". They ignored my advice totally. I eventually got the correct flywheel (they lost the correct pulser, $$), got it running and they are happy (it got relieved from "junkyard parts hauler" to "the ranch"). Mix&match "G2 flywheel & pulser" to the original G11 harness & ignitor wont work. Please take the "tried it already" experience of mine and the knowledge of Smallblock (who clarified it for us all) to save you a huge hassle. If you are gonna put it back to pure G11 style, you have to put the correct flywheel back as well.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:59 AM   #18
pistonportindy
Not Yet Wild

I am ready willing and able to take the advice. Just dont know what to order. I assume the same 9 pin igniter that I have now based on what your saying. I checked this morning and there is no pulse coming from the igniter, just constant 12v on both the red and orange wires going to the coil. I assume when you say pulser you are talking about what I would call the pickup on the flywheel? Looks like the PN for the G2 igniter is j38-82305-20 ?
Old 09-18-2015, 05:58 PM   #19
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Did you get it figured out?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #20
pistonportindy
Not Yet Wild

I haven't had a chance to get back on it. Hopefully tomorrow I might have some time to look at it. I did DL the service manual which has all the specs and checks for the electrical components except for the igniter. I am leaning towards the igniter at this point. From what I have learned here it looks like its the correct flywheel for this style of igniter. I checked the output of the igniter, and there is no pulse going to the coil on the orange wire. I just need to check the coil and the pickup and make sure they are in spec and after that I dont know what else it could be.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha