lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
craigy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Talking LED Spotlights/driving lights

I have been trying to find or make LED driving/Spotlights for my cart. I'm doing this primarily to save battery usage I guess. Has anyone seen any LED lights like this? I have also been looking into how to make my own lights, but the going is slow.
craigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: LED Spotlights/driving lights

Your best option is to get a FACTORY EZGO light kit. Halogen / low amp bulbs, full harness and complete - FYI...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Just installed one of the kits Mike is talking about and I agree completely. Those kits are well made and the lights are very bright. They also include amber corners and amber blinkers for if you install a blinker kit.

I didn't realize the bulbs were low amp...thats good.
AggressiveBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
craigy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressiveBuggy View Post
Just installed one of the kits Mike is talking about and I agree completely. Those kits are well made and the lights are very bright. They also include amber corners and amber blinkers for if you install a blinker kit.

I didn't realize the bulbs were low amp...thats good.
I have been looking for a good price on the workhorse/sport cowl. If I find one, I will definatley go with the built in lights. I would still like to find some very bright LED lights to mount on the bumper (got a custom bumper in mind for next project). Still looking. Thanks for the reply.
craigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigy View Post
I have been looking for a good price on the workhorse/sport cowl. If I find one, I will definatley go with the built in lights. I would still like to find some very bright LED lights to mount on the bumper (got a custom bumper in mind for next project). Still looking. Thanks for the reply.

I saw a LED driving light kit a few days ago at Advance Auto. I didn't look at them real close because I was looking for a toggle switch, but I did see some and they caught my eye because it said driving lights.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
kaneda74
Not Yet Wild

there is an option i am looking to mount to my roll cage. i guess it could also be mounted below the plastic body like the stock light on a txt.

company is called visionx. i just checked theyre site and they have a round model
http://www.visionxusa.com/led/S6100/

i may look into these as well. here is the one i was looking at
http://www.visionxusa.com/led/xmitter/

kind of a lot of money, but i guess the long battery life on my aux battery would be worth it. hehe or not. maybe just kind of cool.
i was looking at a 4" one, not the huge one.
kaneda74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

I tried the LED driving lights from discount. I wanted minimal drain on the batteries. They would be fine if your just going down the road and not needing to really light it up.
But I use my buggy for hunting as it appears you do. I had some 55watt spreader lights I had bought for the boat and never installed so they got put on the cart. Way brighter!
While trying to stop some of the glare I managed to drop one and broke it, found one that fit at harbor freight for 11$ for the pair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010076.jpg (54.5 KB, 23 views)
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #8
dereckbc
Gone Wild

Is your cart gas or electric? If gas you are wasting your time.
dereckbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO