lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2020, 08:56 AM   #1
Match Point Tennis
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 Yamaha Drive 2 (DC) | Motor & Controller

Hello,

two part question, regarding a 2017 Yamaha Drive 2 (DC).

Possible somebody could point me in the right direction for purchasing a new motor/controller to replace the stock Hitachi? The cart will have a 6" lift kit (Madjax), and will be used on relatively flat local neighborhood streets, so both top-end and torque are important. A tune was put into the factor controller and regen mode was turned-off. Does about 18 MPH currently. Looking for mid-upper 20's.

Secondly, looking to buy some 14" wheels/tires. Any suggestions for getting a good deal, and does anybody know if I will need to cut the panels in order for these to fit?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Match Point Tennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2020, 05:49 PM   #2
Welsh619
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2017 Yamaha Drive 2 (DC) | Motor & Controller

Hello and welcome! Feels strange greeting you as I am also very new but have spent enough weeks researching that I feel confident answering your questions. For motor/controller contact don plowman of www.plowmanscarts.com as he is the Yamaha DC go fast guy around here. Another site sponsor is www.golfcartiresupply.com who was great to work with when I went through them for my wheels/tires (but not the only wheel/tire supply place online). You’ll probably want 23” tires but 22’s would work fine it just boils down to looks and ride quality but that’s a can of worms I don’t suggest opening cause there’s a lot of different opinions Ha. Either way it sounds like you will have to cut some of the black plastic rocker to clear the rear tires. I say sounds like cause I haven’t gotten around to it yet but it seems to be common knowledge. Good luck and have fun!
Welsh619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha