lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
ACMANN72
Not Yet Wild

Default Have a 98 ez go elec that will not go

I have a 98 ez go golf cart that will not move.
I have tested the battery all have 6.3, all at wires are connected right.
I have voltage at the controller b+ terminal, ground at b- ut no power going to motor when accelarator is pushed.
Micro switches test ok.
directional switch test ok.
Solinoid clicks and has power where it should.
I do not not how to test the pot box, ther are 4 wires coming out ( white, green, red, black) and i do not know what ones to for resistance.
If someone can help or give me other thing to test it would be very helpful.
Thanks
ACMANN72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
LeeTrice
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Have a 98 ez go elec that will not go

I also have a '98 ez go electric. Mine will go in reverse but not fwd. It lurches slighty when i switch to fwd. F/R switch seems to make good contact, I took it off and cleaned it up checking the wires to the small switches on the sides. It did the same thing once before and started working again on its own. So far this time it hasn't fixed itself. Any suggestions?
LeeTrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMANN72 View Post
I have a 98 ez go golf cart that will not move.
I have tested the battery all have 6.3, all at wires are connected right.
I have voltage at the controller b+ terminal, ground at b- ut no power going to motor when accelarator is pushed.
Micro switches test ok.
directional switch test ok.
Solinoid clicks and has power where it should.
I do not not how to test the pot box, ther are 4 wires coming out ( white, green, red, black) and i do not know what ones to for resistance.
If someone can help or give me other thing to test it would be very helpful.
Thanks
You guys need to determine what type of drive system you have first.

DCS will have a F&R lever behind the driver's knee and a run/tow switch on the enviromental cover on the controller. The backside of the f&R looks round like a hockey puck.

PDS carts will have a Tow/Run switch on the environmental cover & a Toggle switch for F&R on the dash

SERIES carts will have a shift lever like the dcs cart down by your legs, but it will NOT have a tow/run switch. Also the actual F&R switch is in the corner by the controller and there is linkage from it to the lever in the center.....

So which type do you have?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
LeeTrice
Not Yet Wild

Mine is DCS.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
LeeTrice
Not Yet Wild

I jacked up the rear end and with a little push the tires will take off. Why would it suddenly go from running fine to this while it was parked? It's been raining everyday for like a month here can the moisture cause this? Reverse is totally fine.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Get a PDF service manual and there will be all kinds of DCS troubleshooting info in there. Your going to need a volt meter to do any kind of troubleshooting.

Moisture can wreak havoc with any electronics. If the controller has gotten wet inside you may as well get a new one.

Heres a few simple tests you can do.
Quote:
AT THE 10 PIN CONNECTOR on the controller

With a volt meter place the positive lead on the red wire terminal of the connector.

If there is no voltage, the red wire between the Run-Tow Switch and the Ten Pin Connector is bad.

Place the positive lead on the black wire terminal of the connector.
The reading should be slightly above 14 volts but LESS than 16 volts. If the voltage is below 14 volts, the throttle sensor MIGHT be faulty. Above 16 volts, the controller MAY be bad.

Separate the 6 pin connector (only 4 are used) between the pedal box and the controller. If the voltage goes to 14-16 volts, the sensor is faulty. If the voltage remains below 14 or above 16 volts, the controller is faulty.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
LeeTrice
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I'll try those things. I'm new to this so its a learning experience.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO