lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2007, 11:42 PM   #1
Kichard
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Replace the primary sliding sheave on G2A Yamaha gas golf cars?

I need to replace the above part -- Failure of one weight link and the others badly worn.
Any clues on undoing the bolt that attaches the spider to the shaft-- very tight. Is it LH thread or RH thread?
Does the spider easily seperate from the shaft spline?
Is the sliding sheave easily removed from the shaft -- Looks like it just slides on two oil seals?
Am I on the right track?
Kichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Replace the primary sliding sheave on G2A Yamaha gas golf cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kichard View Post
I need to replace the above part -- Failure of one weight link and the others badly worn.
Any clues on undoing the bolt that attaches the spider to the shaft-- very tight. Is it LH thread or RH thread?
Does the spider easily seperate from the shaft spline?
Is the sliding sheave easily removed from the shaft -- Looks like it just slides on two oil seals?
Am I on the right track?
I use a impact wench to remove the bolt. It is "counterclockwise" to remove it. You can also slide a long screwdriver or bar thru the "spider" (just dont damage the spider) and use a 1/2 ratchet or breaker bar with some kind of extention (like a pipe) to loosen the bolt. then the spider/weight/sliding sheave just slides off the fixed sheave. I recomend changing all the weights and the short and long pins also. I also recommend using a propane torch to loosen up the "locktite" that help hold in the "setscrews" that secure the pins. If you "strip" one of the set screws...(excuse the pun) your "screwed". Just a last coment....I've seen many cars that they replace the stock Yamaha primary clutch for a aftermart one. I do not reconend this. The aftermarket clutchs wont engange untill RPM's are very high, giving a unsatisfactory clutch action. Good luck. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #3
Kichard
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Dave, I have ordered the spider/weight assembly locally so I'll be replacing the lot with original parts.

This is my first visit to the forum and I've had all my questions answered straight away! Many thanks...
Kichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kichard View Post

This is my first visit to the forum and I've had all my questions answered straight away! Many thanks...
Yeah you will be amazed how many great people are on here to answer your questions. If you have any more question dont hesitate to ask them!
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
evajedward@bellsouth.net
Not Yet Wild

my ist time on. My g2A makes a noise like the drive belt is slipping on steep hills. Do I need to replace my sliding sheave. Thanks Matt
evajedward@bellsouth.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I had a guy wore holes in it from sand. I replaced it was not difficult just take care. I lube the pins with superlube its synthetic and like a chain lube, it tends to collect less dirt. I think I used a propane torch on the set screws.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha