lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #22
sontag1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rubber O Ring

At this point, you can reassemble the carb and down the road you go with a new solid bushing. This is a good permanent repair that can breath some new life into that 30 year old carb.

I wanted to try and really keep my carb from sucking air like a fat asthmatic. (HEY! I resemble that remark! )

So what I did is make a little O-Ring from a piece of rubber hose. I know that this hose can take a little heat and will not break down in gasoline. If you are in doubt about your hose, cut a little piece and put in in a little cup of gas to see if it breaks down. A piece of fuel line the correct diameter might be a better option, but I did not have that on hand.

You want it to sit on the shaft so that it just contacts the top of the bushing when it is all put back together. I think this will help further restrict any air sucking into the carb. I have no binding or wobble in the throttle shaft at all.

One more thing: when you screw the throttle plate back on, those screws are not Head Bolts! Just snug them up nicely or you will be crying in your beer when you bugger the head up (if you ever need to remove that throttle plate again).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TS with O ring.jpg (411.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Bushing seated.jpg (176.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg TS seated with O ring.jpg (217.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg TS Final.jpg (226.6 KB, 0 views)
sontag1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha