lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2018, 03:52 AM   #1
toppyblue
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 Ydrex 48 volt no click

very specific issue here and stumped.

After key has been switched off for a few minutes solenoid does not click immediately when key is turned on...solenoid will eventually activate and work fine as long as key is left on.

when cart is working fine,turning key off and immediately(within a few seconds) turning back on the solenoid immediately clicks like it should.However the longer you leave the key in the off position, the longer it takes the solenoid to click when key is switched on.some times it takes a few minutes and sometimes hours.
I am no expert....but it seems to indicate that when some component is activated and warm it works fine but when deactivated it takes time to reconnect.
All batteries are 8.4 volts and total voltage is 50.
rear wheels are off ground now.when cart was on ground and this issue occurred,,rocking the cart a little would cause solenoid to click but not activate cart.
Again,,,cart works perfect if key is left on. But I have been turning key off to charge...then same thing...aggravating as all! I really do not want to start throwing parts at it. Hopefully someone has had the same issue and knows where the problem is.
toppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2018, 04:25 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 Ydrex 48 volt no click

So, is the solenoid click thing just annoying/unpleasent side effect? Or is the cart actually not working. Not being a jerk, but I'm not sure about the problem here. The solenoid is not just instantly on when key is on, the controller decides when it's on.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:56 AM   #3
toppyblue
Not Yet Wild

really???read post again please.......cart works fine after solenoid clicks when key is turned on.........problem is it sometimes takes a very long time for the solenoid to activate.The issue must be understood in order to have a meaningful response..
Old 06-06-2018, 06:00 AM   #4
toppyblue
Not Yet Wild

read it again.....I am older but english is english
Old 06-06-2018, 06:22 AM   #5
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

First, relax bro. English is English but your post is a little confusing. Like CG said, solenoids don’t just click when key is turned on, at least mine doesn’t. Start simple and check all wiring and make sure all connections are solid and clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:41 AM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2011 Ydrex 48 volt no click

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppyblue View Post
read it again.....I am older but english is english

You are correct about the solenoid clicking. On a YDRE the solenoid should click immediately after the key is turned on and the “release” a second later. (At least mine do!)Not sure about your unusual problem though.

Does the solenoid click if you try to roll the cart with the key off? It should click and start to engage the regen brakes.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:43 AM   #7
toppyblue
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the confirmation Luke....Again the problem is this,,,,turn the key on and nothing,,, however leave the key on long enough and it will start working fine,,perfect as long as you do not switch the key off....I suspect that once the key "on" activates the solenoid, power is sent to the controller that in turn allows a signal from accelerator pedal switch to engage motor.If this is true then everything resets when the key is switched back off.

Was hoping someone had the same problem and solved it.maybe there is a way to trick the solenoid to engaging when the key is first switched on...

Maybe the solenoid is bad and just takes a long time to engage.

Maybe the controller is the problem here..I just do not know...something is not connecting when the key is first turned on,, but once the solenoid is activated(engage then disengage) with key on..everything works perfect.In fact it will continue to work for days as long as you do not switch the key switch to off.But alas you eventually have to switch it off to recharge batteries
Old 06-06-2018, 05:07 PM   #8
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

That’s a weird problem. I’d suspect the controller or maybe a loose connection. The Moric controllers do weird things sometimes...

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:46 AM   #9
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3JJ0wy4EMs
Old 06-07-2018, 08:19 AM   #10
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This is how mine works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha