lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2019, 10:12 AM   #1
tysontdw
Not Yet Wild

Default Secondary battery install for speaker tube. (Dirve2)

I currently have my speaker wired to the main battery. My speaker pulls a little power to detect the remote even when the speaker is off. I therefore have a relay to the key switch so it's not pulling any power when the cart key is turned off. When I am driving and playing the speaker I can tell the cart is slower to take off and when parked playing some music the battery is quick to drain.

I would now like to install a secondary battery so it's not interrupting the main operating battery. Ideally, I would like the secondary battery connected in parallel with the main battery / cart generator so it will still charge when driving and I only have to hook up one battery maintainer.

I have some ideas on how to wire/relay it but I am sure this is nothing new for people here.

What is the best way to wire it and where should I install the secondary battery?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2433.jpg (100.3 KB, 0 views)
tysontdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #2
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Secondary battery install for speaker tube. (Dirve2)

You need to be more careful about connecting two batteries together if one is charged and the other is less (which will almost always be the case).

You can have a look at this explanation.
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:55 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Since the starter is the charging system, All through the same cable, not sure how that type of battery isolater could be installed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:25 PM   #4
brianv512
Not Yet Wild

This is pretty common in the boating industry. A marine battery switch would work for your needs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
brianv512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #5
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Or just buy the biggest battery that will fit in there and have the most cca and reserve capacity. It’s what I do with no issues on other stuff. 2 batteries can be a waste unless u have the system running all day with the cart off. If you do, I’d still buy the biggest 2nd deep cycle battery for the radio. I don’t know how well the solar powered battery chargers work. It may not re charge enough with a solar powered charger
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha