lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #21
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: High Speed Gear Install With Pic's

Nice Job!

How much work did you have to do on that bombardier snowmobile secondary clutch to make it fit/work? It looks like it's much bigger in diameter and would give a ton of extra low end torque even without touching the gears. What year/model sled did that come off of?
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #22
cougarman
Getting Wild

Club Car

The problem was before the gears I had no top end/speed and big time low end torque .....after the 6-1 gears had top end but lost all my low end...

found this clutch in my father-in-laws garage...it could have been there for 30years...there are some numbers on it. 080-0146-004 -----m-80----
rd-438-KWS ------080-0273-004

don't know what year or model it came off of.
Saw one of these on e-bay awhile back listed as brand-new old stock for 70.00 buy it now.

To make it work first problem was the inner diameter was too large.
I found a piece of pipe that just fit on the cc input shaft,but was a little to big to fit into the clutch...I had to hone out the clutch to make it fit
then I cut a slit in the pipe for the key-way and modified the clutches original key.next problem the clutch was to big ...put it on a brake lath and cut about 1/2 off ...also had to cut off one of the axle housing support braces to make it fit....added a shim on the cc input shaft to space it 1/4 inch a way from the transaxle housing ...found a snowmobile belt to match my set up
and that's it.. only took a few hours of playing around with it no big deal.

cougarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #23
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Very nice. I have an old old Arctic Cat 440 el Tigre with a dead racing motor & clutch combination, may rob the clutch and give it a try. Did you worry about balance? or did you figure the rpms would not be high enough to cause problems with that diameter? I live deep in the woods and would welcome some extra low end torque, enough to get through the woods with a load on.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car