lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
1meanchevy
Not Yet Wild

Default So where is my Regen break???

Recently I've lifted my fathers G29 2010 electric after being a Club Car guy for some time . When I release the pedal on this thing there is what seems like absolutely no regen, it just free wheels down the street, kinda scary if you ask me. I've done all the Google ** on it and cannot find a culprit. It has the engine break and siren when pushed backwards, wires are connected from the engine, I'm at a loss.. any ideas?
1meanchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
1meanchevy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: So where is my Regen break???

Long time lurker to this forum, this problem perplexes me, it has not been reprogrammed at all.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:39 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Which controller and motor is in the cart?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Regen is adjustable in the stock controller (but only by the dealer). Alltrax controller can be adjusted by the end user.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:13 PM   #5
1meanchevy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Which controller and motor is in the cart?
Its a stock controller , and I know for a fact my dad never had the dealer put in any codes or anything . Can they re calibrate when they go into storage or somethingg.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:34 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1meanchevy View Post
Its a stock controller , and I know for a fact my dad never had the dealer put in any codes or anything . Can they re calibrate when they go into storage or somethingg.
Never seen that happen in my 11 years at the Yamaha dealer.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:41 PM   #7
1meanchevy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Never seen that happen in my 11 years at the Yamaha dealer.
lol, sounds good enough for me. Perhaps Im missing some wire somewhere between the controller and engine that unplugged, its those two wires to the right of the engine from the back heading up to the solinoid right? Either that or the controller is toast?
Old 06-27-2019, 09:45 PM   #8
1meanchevy
Not Yet Wild

Visually checked all the wiring everything looks good. Is there anything in the break pedal area that may effect the regen? The lift kit maybe stretched the break line and it thinks the brakes are constantly applied?
Old 06-27-2019, 09:52 PM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

On the passenger side of the motor, there should be 3 wire plug (does not go to solenoid), it's the motor speed sensor. If it's unplugged, or stretched tight as a guitar string, it could cause what you describe. Keep in mind that by installing bigger tires, you have reduced the mechanical advantage your motor has against your wheels. This will hurt it's overall torque to accelerate your cart, and it's ability to slow your cart. Like I said, Yamaha dealer can crank up Regen amount on a scale of 1-5.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #10
1meanchevy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
On the passenger side of the motor, there should be 3 wire plug (does not go to solenoid), it's the motor speed sensor. If it's unplugged, or stretched tight as a guitar string, it could cause what you describe. Keep in mind that by installing bigger tires, you have reduced the mechanical advantage your motor has against your wheels. This will hurt it's overall torque to accelerate your cart, and it's ability to slow your cart. Like I said, Yamaha dealer can crank up Regen amount on a scale of 1-5.
Ok, cranked regen to full blast at Yamaha dealership, nada. They are looking at me like im crazy, said to go drive it on hills. Lol, I know a BS brush off when I get one . Still free wheeling , Yamaha tech just shrugging.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha