lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2020, 12:48 AM   #1
albe124
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel Additives

I have a 2010 gas Precedent. I was talking with my Club Car dealer and he said to never put any type of fuel additives in the tank. He said they will hurt the fuel system. Is this true? Thanks.
albe124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2020, 08:16 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Fuel Additives

Depending on the additive, they wont usually hurt anything, but IMO arent gonna do you anything positive either.

Best thing you can do is just use ethanol free fuel if you dont use it a lot.

I've usually got several carts, and a full tank of gas will last me 6 months or more (and we drive them a lot). So I simply just never fill them up. I'll keep a gallon, maybe 2 in each cart. Any more than that and it will go bad before I can use it all.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Fuel Additives

If the cart is going to sit for long periods, use Stabil 360 to keep the fuel from going stale.
If using gas with ethanol stabil 360 will help prevent ethanol fuel problems, and will prevent ethanol caused water incursion into the fuel.

On a carburetted engine, Avoid using “fuel injection” system cleaner additives, especially Lucas brand. It won’t “hurt” the engine but it does affect the way the fuel vaporizes when going through a carburetor, and can cause rough running and power issues.

Carburetor cleaner additives are usually fine to use, but don’t over-treat (add too much).
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car