lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2021, 03:31 PM   #11
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is this?? capacitor on Solenoid?

ok.. sounds complicated... I was hoping for easy! my acceleration went from smooth and gradual to nothing then go! and now after tinkering is back to smooth and gradual then a second or 2 after accelerating slows to a crawl..

reverse seems ok.. (i think it) I then switched the run/tow to tow then back to run.. and it would start out normal again until I pressed the pedal (close to flooring but not quite). tried that about 3 times and it was same all three times.

I have only visually inspected, cleaned and tightend connections on batteries, key, f/r switch, pedal box assembly, solenoid and controller.. and motor..

could not find the molex connector from the pedal box to the controller..looks like one run.. where would I normally find it exactly?

also... water does get in there occasionally.. but this is a 1st in the 12 years of driving it here.

I will do some more research on here before posting more questions about my cart issues.
Looks like I need to jack up the rear end of the cart and start taking readings ..?
lawnripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2021, 05:09 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There isn't an in-line connector from the pedal box on a PDS drive, the cable plugs directly into the controller. Series drives and DCS drives have them, but not PDS.

Have you tried putting PDS controller in diagnostic mode and listening for error code when it acts up? (Text at bottom of attached label tells you how to get into diag mode.

If that is the original ITS sensor and it has gotten damp, replace it. Over time the potting compound shrinks and hairline cracks develop and moisture gets on the circuitry and does all sorts of weird things. The $25 sensors you can find on-line work as well as the $75 ones sold by EZGO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:37 PM   #13
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

Ok good to know regarding the molex connector not being on the PDS

I believe it is the og ITS.

I just ordered a new ITS ($25) and the pre-charge resistor

Will be a couple weeks before I get it.

My reverse buzzard and beeps stopped working a while ago.. maybe a connection or bad speaker?
Old 05-07-2021, 07:47 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The connector pins still get corroded, just not as bad or as often. Pulling the connectors off the controller and spray cleaning them ought to be done once or twice a year.

Probably a wiring issue on the beeper, the piezoelectric beeper seldom fail. Or it could be the controller, it is what beeps the beeper.

Beeper is attached to the passenger side glove box and the wires can be accessed by removing the keyswitch/FNR switch plate. If you have long-thin arms, you might get to it under the cowl.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:17 AM   #15
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

Ok thanks!

Regarding connector pins.. beside spraying cleaner is there a phyiscal tool like a needle or something I can use to scrape them clean?

Ill check on the beeper wiring this week and let ya know.

Thanks again!!
Johnny
Old 05-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I use discarded dental picks and similar surgical tools that I've acquired over the years working in hospitals. You might find similar stuff at an auto parts store. Here is an example of picks available on-line: https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Ste...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Also, just getting the pins/jacks wet with spray cleaner and plug/unplug them a couple of times does a pretty good job.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:51 AM   #17
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

nice thanks! I have a few airbrush gun needles I can use.

Thanks agin!
Old 05-24-2021, 12:00 PM   #18
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

still going on this issue of mine.. Im not diagnosing it correctly.. just going over connections , and replacing parts.. so far with no results.. I have changed the micro-swith, the ITS, the cable from the pedal box to the controller and the resistor on the solenoid.

What I notice is cart feels normal.. accelerates normal then a few seconds in speed drops to super slow.. verily moving.. then I flip the tow switch off and on and it resets the cart and does the same thing all over again..

Is this a bad connection or Controller issue if fliping the tow switch off and on resets it..?

I still have a new/spare soleniod I can try out..
Old 05-24-2021, 01:41 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the controller is going out.

Replace it with an Alltrax XCT48400 or larger.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:34 PM   #20
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

Just went over all the connections.. clean and tightend everything... from key switch /f/r switch to the battery cables.. all the connections on the controller... and changed the solenoid... only thing I haven't cleaned was the motor connections and the speed control cable connection at the motor.

just took a quick spin and so far so good. no drop in speed... but still a little early... going to take out for a longer spin!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO