lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #41
Jtgblackwell
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: So your Yami won't turn over

I am new and could use a bit of help. I have a G1 that will not initiate anything when you press the peddle. If I jump electricity to the solenoid, then I get power forward and back with the corresponding solenoid.

I have done the following:
Changed both fuse assemblies and fuses.
New battery
New negative cable.
Jumped the two white wires at the relay connection (relay was removed by someone that needed it more than me.)
Get buzzer when placed in reverse.

My thoughts. Switch at pedal (not sure what's there and how it'd work)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jtgblackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #42
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: So your Yami won't turn over

There is a start/stop switch under the floor board, check the wires and the connectors, when your depressing the pedal to check things out, make sure the cart is in neutral.
JP
whiteriver23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #43
dbmachine
Gone Wild

This thread has saved me two trips to the shop.. First was dirty carb jets and seconds was bad start/stop switch.. Thanks small block
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #44
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Since everybody here seems to have some type of electrical problem I thought I'd throw another one in for discussion. 1994 G9 press on the accelerator, the starter/generator turns over but, there's no spark! After 20-30 seconds I'll try again, after about 3 to 4 attempts the engine fires up and runs fine. I'll go through this sequence a couple times and the problem goes away. Installed a new coil, voltage regulator, plug & plug wire and a new start stop switch. The battery is putting out 13.2 volts when fully charged. After I install new weights in the clutch I'm going back to check wiring but, it seems like there's something very specific that I'm overlooking so, anybody with some ideas chime in, I'm to the point of taking sleeping pills to quite thinking about this in bed.
Thanks
JP
Old 09-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #45
93YAMAHAG9
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

What would be the cause of the starter motor continuing to turn over after the gas pedal is let back up? I have 12V at the solenoid from the moment I push the pedal down and it keeps current even after switching off the key, motor just turning. I have to remove the negative battery terminal to reset it then it's back off. Push the pedal and its back going and not stopping.
93YAMAHAG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #46
dbmachine
Gone Wild

93 yamaha I had the same issue on my 09 g29.. The start stop switch under the accelerator was defective.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #47
pYr8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

@93yamaha: Yeah, sounds like the pedal switch to me too. Ya might try pulling it & cleaning it real good with electrical contact cleaner before replacing. Might be just a tad sticky.

@whiteriver: I've been working on a G9 no spark for quite a while. Ya might want to check the voltage on the R/W wires while your cranking it. I'm seeing a voltage drop when the charging circuit (R/W + G) wires are connected to the start/gen. I'll be gather more info later today.
And, from what I gather, low voltage will play hell with the igniter/CDI, causing death. Could be that the igniter is on it's way out too, just not all the way there yet.
pYr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #48
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

pYr8,
I just put in a new ignitor and the cart ran great for awhile but now I'm noticing the same old symptoms after just one day. Can't afford a voltmeter now after spending over a hundred on the ignitor! Looks like another nightmare on the horizon.
JP
Old 09-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #49
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Speaking of nightmare that national championship game last year for the Irish was a nightmare. Looked like the tide stumped mante's toe.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #50
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

And they didn't look much better against Michigan! Funny thing, after Alabama whipped them, the Pope resigned!!!
JP
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha