lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
tbcanefan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My 93 DS seems to be quickly discharging the battery as t runs. I can put a charge on the battery and run the cart for a short time (30 sec) after which it appears that the SG pulls excessive current and turns very slowly, as if it is in a bind. Everything turns freely by hand. I have already replaced brushes, solenoid, and F/R selector. (I think my local dealer figures they have a sucker!) I have also traced all wiring related to the charging circuit. Any suggestions?

This has become more severe now that I have lifted the cart, I noticed that others have had the same problem.
tbcanefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
tbcanefan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club Car Charging Issues

Turned out to be the voltage regulator. Hope this helps someone with a similar issue. I thought this was supposed to be the technical support forum? If so, what's the secret to getting replies to inquiries?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

This is a great forum, sorry I/we missed the question you posted on the 5th. Someone would have suggested the VR as the problem. How did you figure it out?
And Welcome to BGW!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
tbcanefan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks. I took a s/g from a friend's cart and put it on mine, only to end up with the same result. I am not the best operator of a meter, so I ended up going back to my local dealer and complaining about the shots-in-the-dark that they were suggesting (and the money I have spent w/them as a result) instead of providing some sound technical solutions. Their parts guy gave me a v/r for free to pacify me, I guess. Installed the new one, everything is fine!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Glad you got it worked out and we really are better than that.
Post some pics of your cart, what plans do you have if any for it?
Some people do just buy them to play that golf thing believe it or not.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
tbcanefan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No sweat. I am going to try and get some pics up. I have already lifted the cart 6" and put tires on. It has an aftermarket diamond plate rear body w/dump bed which someone did before me. I have also put lights on the front and top, as the factory units were pretty dull. My next objective is paint, not sure what I want to do yet. I primarily use it for neighborhood and property use. I have several neighbors with carts as well, our lots average about 3 acres which makes it even nicer to have the carts to run back and forth. We really don't have much in the way of regulation for road use, as I live in a non incorporated area. So far, it's been a lot of fun. Outside of the charging problem!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:32 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the parts guy was trying to be fair...... they are realyy not in the ' over -the- counter diagnoses business' They try to suggest possible problems but their solution always end in sales ... Let us know if we can help with anything else .....
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #8
FLGator4life
Not Yet Wild

My 93 DS just developed the same symptoms. When running it was pulling a fully charged battery down to near 10 volts. It had previously been charging fine(I have an automotive voltmeter mounted in the dash).

Was going to test the S/G per the procedure I found here on the site but figured what the hell, might as well swap out the VR. From what I read by searching around here that seemed to be the most common problem.

Swapped it out a few hours ago and it works like a charm.
FLGator4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car