lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #101
MusicManRyan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Modifying Governor on G16 & G22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohocarl View Post
I was hoping someone would post a pic in this thread also. I did a search in Google and came up with this one. For those who have done the zip tie mod, does this look right? I see he's got the spring all the way compressed.

Thanks.

I just tried this on my 05 G22, and my cart went from 12 mph top speed to 21 mph.

Now if I can install something to give it more torque so it will take off faster.

6" Jake's spindle lift, 12" rims, 23" tires.

MusicManRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #102
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Get a "UMAX" spring, several threads cover this mod. This was yamaha's spring for their lifted/big tire U-MAX utility vehicles. It will allow the cart to stay in "1st gear" longer to accelerate/climb better before shifting.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:06 PM   #103
letitbe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a G14. I hooked cable direct to carb. Having problems with backfire and smells like the carb is to rich. There is no jet adjustments that can be made, other than the pilot jet. Is there a way to change the jets or do I need to find different carb with needle adjustments? Thanks
letitbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:26 PM   #104
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Sounds like you need to add a spring on the carb so that it will close the butterfly when you let off the pedal.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:32 PM   #105
letitbe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The spring is there. Checked and set float/ A little better, but chugs. Could it be a weak coil?
letitbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #106
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When I first got our cart I tied back the governor spring with a cable tie, and got 22mph top end. At this speed coming to a stop I would get the backfire nearly every time. I read here that if you back off the idle screw on the carburetor so the butterfly closes completely when the gas pedal is released it would solve the problem. Well this has worked for me I haven’t had a backfire since. Good Luck.
Robert
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:36 AM   #107
csperkins59
Not Yet Wild

I modified my governor last weekend (2011 DRA) and the top speed increased just fine. However, it bogs down and slowly reaches top speed. I have added Plowmans exhaust, air cleaner, jets, primary / secondary clutches and modified the air box. I do still have my old governor cranked down do you think that may be the cause?
csperkins59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:16 PM   #108
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

not sure if this addresses the topic,, but i thought i would add, hold the gas pedal to the floor, now grab the butterfly twister on the carb, and try to turn it,, it might not be opening all the way. if not take the pedal of and turn it just one notch,or 2, better mark it first, it is spline d, just a very little will result in 5mph. and csper;; if it is bogging, could be fuel pump, fuel filter, vacuum hose that runs the fuel pump or dirty carb.. steve
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:25 PM   #109
dbmachine
Gone Wild

To get the full effect of the plowmans mods you need to completely bypass the governor. Don will talk you through the proper process of bypassing it.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #110
cardsrok
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohocarl View Post
I was hoping someone would post a pic in this thread also. I did a search in Google and came up with this one. For those who have done the zip tie mod, does this look right? I see he's got the spring all the way compressed.

Thanks.

What do you mean, spring all the way compressed? Thanks
cardsrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha