lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 - One spark then no spark

Ouch! An expensive lesson in GC repair ... Always check the little 2.98 micro switchs before replacing major ignition components ..... Glad you got it working.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #12
90ClubCarInAz
Not Yet Wild

Hi all! Newbie here.

Crash12888: could you elaborate on "This motor also has a low oil sensor that will kill spark." The reason I am asking is because my 1990 CC DS cranks but won't fire. When I turn the key on, the oil light comes on. I know I have oil because I just changed it. Should the oil light NOT come on for it to work right? I never had a golf cart before and don't know the basics yet. In a car, the oil light comes on until it starts and then goes out. Should it NOT be on at all unless it is low on oil? THX!
90ClubCarInAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #13
90ClubCarInAz
Not Yet Wild

OK. After looking at the 89 to 91 wiring diagram, I went out and pulled the oil light wire off the sensor and it still didn't start. I'm guessing the 90 is different from the 92. The circuit looks too simple to be a spark killer. I will start troubleshooting the microswitches, gas flow, etc. on Saturday. It cranks but won't start.
90ClubCarInAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #14
agsbill
Getting Wild
Club Car

AZ,

I thought the Club Car oil light was a quanity LOW light only.....some folks are suffering from cabin fever and are dropping in on the Gas Forum and at times giving bad advice....and no, there are no grease fittings on a Club car clutch :)

Bill
agsbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #15
pudycatz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMadeVa View Post
Thanks to all who helped with this. After testing the micro kill switch, and replacing the coil and ignitor, turns out it was the micro kill switch after all ($2.65 at my local Club Car dealer). At least I know I have some new parts, even if they weren't necessary right now.
I'm having the same problem with my 93 gas cc, wouldn't mind trying this for a cheap fix. Is this switch a 2 terminal or 3 terminal?
pudycatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #16
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsbill View Post
AZ,

I thought the Club Car oil light was a quanity LOW light only.....some folks are suffering from cabin fever and are dropping in on the Gas Forum and at times giving bad advice....and no, there are no grease fittings on a Club car clutch :)

Bill

Yep, brain fart!,
you're right, I shouldn't be dropping in here on these gas forums.
I didn't notice you've been hanging around my cabin so much you could form that opinion about me........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car