lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: oil coming from rear transaxel

look at the very top of the axle/trans case. you will see a siver cap on a nut. it should kinda move around. that is you vent. it is usually at the highest point of the case. unscrew it and make sure it is clear, and the cap jiggle around like a bell, well not like a bell but well you get the point. .
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #12
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

here is a pic from my 99. the ventis the siver peice in the center on thop. hoe this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0207001930.jpg (60.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-08-2010, 03:20 AM   #13
BBissitt
Getting Wild

Club Car

I found the vent on top by the shifter cable, I pulled it off and it was under pressure. On the last turn of the wrench it popped out on its own. I blew it out with the air compressor seems to be working now hopefully that stops the back pressure thanks to all.
BBissitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #14
wrenflyer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBissitt View Post
I found the vent on top by the shifter cable, I pulled it off and it was under pressure. On the last turn of the wrench it popped out on its own. I blew it out with the air compressor seems to be working now hopefully that stops the back pressure thanks to all.
Glad you figured it out!
wrenflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #15
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

go ahaead and soak it or clean it real well in carba nd choke or brakekleen. it weill get any residue out, and give it a good cleaning. then blow through it again. also take your fill plug out and put a litle air in it when the vent is back on, and see if it lets the air escape from the vent.just pull the plug, put a rag to seal the hole with you nozzle, and apply a light stream of air, no not to blow any wheel seals. to verify your vent is working in the case. will take a extra 2 to 3 minutes.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #16
BBissitt
Getting Wild

Club Car

I will do that never thought to let it soak in some cleaner to get it really clean thanks.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #17
BBissitt
Getting Wild

Club Car

Okay I'm back I have cleaned the vent on the top. I have also gotten a new washer with rubber on one side and I have used two different types of RTV. I have prepped and cleaned the surface with scotch brite and alcohol and the the rearend still leaks. Where is all this pressure coming from that the RTV and a new washer and a clean vent will not handle. HMMM I gues I wait for it to stop leaking eventually.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #18
wrenflyer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Mine has 2 vents, how about yours?
wrenflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #19
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

what kinda of rtv did you use? permayexmakes some great stuff called ultra grey. its about 6 bucks a tube. butheres the great parts, its not like the blue or black siicone,it acculy make a much harder rubber gasket then the soft rubber silicone stuff like the blue red and black stuff is, or the really light see though blue stuff is. both rockwell and dana use it on there axles on semi trucks. they will warranty it not to leak for i think 4 years 500,000 miles. so i use it with no issues. but i still think theres something else caising presure with yours.
does your shifter sit side ways or vertical?
does your shifter sit on top of the case or on the side of the case? tis will bassicly tellus if it has a transmissio/gear case or a one peice unit.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #20
BBissitt
Getting Wild

Club Car

I will look for that second vent, the first time I used the red RTV gasket type, that last time I used the blue, and both of them are @ $6.00 this leak is getting costly and timely. I think thats the name of the game though. The shifter lever sits horizontial on top of the tranny. I was thinking there should be no oil in the axel tube, I'm thinking it is leaking from the tranny with some pressure behind it and it pressurizes the axel tube and comes out that screw whatever it is for.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car