lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #11
GUNNY
Getting Wild

Default Re: Drive Electric Problems Mount

They probably had a temp lic, that expired or is getting ready for full issue, and this might be a routine hearing?

Gunny
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #12
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNNY View Post
They probably had a temp lic, that expired or is getting ready for full issue, and this might be a routine hearing?
Could be except there were 9 manufacturers/distributors and 29 dealers (13 new)that had applications in October for renewal or new applications. Seems odd that Drive Electric was singled out. I'm sure it wasn't a commendation for meritorious service.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #13
GUNNY
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Could be except there were 9 manufacturers/distributors and 29 dealers (13 new)that had applications in October for renewal or new applications. Seems odd that Drive Electric was singled out. I'm sure it wasn't a commendation for meritorious service.
Good point, can not say much about that!

Selling 10,000 carts, in 8 weeks, is a problem, its going to be tuff for them to do it, by the begining of June!

My # is 3700 something, I just hope I can get it,!

Gunny
Old 02-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #14
Gus
Not Yet Wild

mine is around 4000. Hope they get their shiz together
Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #15
GUNNY
Getting Wild

Ya, I figure, I stand a 50-50 shot at it! LOL

I figure, If I do get it, It might be April.

Gunny
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #16
Gus
Not Yet Wild

April?, so i'm looking @ june?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #17
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I would guess, as long as the money lasts and the orders the company has placed keep coming in they will continue to build carts.
With the company posting 20 carts out for delivery every few days, it's not showing much promise for speedy delivery but I would still think everyone will get a cart sometime.
I can see deliveries slipping as suppliers can't supply the volume, assembly is slow and trucking is probably a group of independents with scheduling problems.
The assembly plant, as you mentioned is probably jammed and a second shift is likely out of the question because it is pretty hard to find laborers in that area (60 miles out of LA in the dessert).
Old 02-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #18
fishtale
Not Yet Wild

I'm not sure what this means in the world of cart dealers, but Dealmaker posted this on another site.

*******My bad I forgot to post this. I found this a few weeks back just before I placed my order when I was trying to verify if Zone Electric Car LLC was real. The attached link will take you to a NHTSA website where you can check to see if a vehicle manufacturer is registered and has been issued a WMI (world manufacturers identification). On this site you can either type in Zone Electric Car LLC next to name or "5F8" next to WMI. This will bring up all the information on Zone Electric. In addition, if you click the blue link "ORG5464" (which wasn't there when I originally found this site) that will bring up the original application that was most recently submitted (11/23/09) for the NEV's. Whats really cool is you can use the information on that letter to decipher the VIN # issued on your vehicle which will ALL begin with "5F8".......the WMI.

Coincidentally you will also see that the letter was submitted to the NHTSA VIN coordinator by Steven R. Ball which the same name that appears on the IRS Certification letters we all received with our MSO/BOS. There's also a few different phone numbers listed as contacts for Zone Electric Car that I haven't seen anywhere else.

One comment......based on the date on the letter (11/23/09) submitted to the NHSTA VIN coordinator, I would say that Zone Electric Car LLC hasn't had time to build and ship a huge number of cars which is why we can't seem to find anyone who has received one!

Enjoy! http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/manufacture/
Old 02-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #19
Gus
Not Yet Wild

the way it looks from the pics from zone i'm pretty sure that my 3 and 1 year old could set the carts up faster than they are.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #20
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNNY View Post

Gunny

I emphasized the key word in that statement.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay