lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #41
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Flow-Rite Pro-fill Battery Watering system

I have been working with DC battery systems on board both ships and boats for close to 30 years to which I've only seen one battery blow its top; seen plenty blow off a post due to bad connections but to see a battery actually blow its top is very rare..... Most problems, failures etc can be warded off by proper maintenance and quality equipment.....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #42
bgw70
Getting Wild

Default Re: Flow-Rite Pro-fill Battery Watering system

I spoke to the tech at the Flow-Rite company today because I wanted to find out if I was watering my batteries correctly. It turns out that I was not doing it correctly...I would set the gallon jug on the back or the roof of the cart, pump the ball a couple of time and the siphoning effect would take over. WRONG!

Place the gallon jug on the ground and pump the water in until you cannot squeeze pump ball anymore. This means that each cell cap float has closed.

My cart batteries were replaced today and when the battery representative dropped the batteries I asked him about the watering system technique and he told me the same thing the FlowRite representative told me!

BTW, I live in central Florida and I purchased the US250HC XC batteries, they were delivered to my home for $1090, these are really large capacity batteries, 280 amp hrs. 6v batts and I purchased eight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (146.5 KB, 0 views)
bgw70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay