lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Hesitates and backfires...

ck directed me to this thread... although I did read it a couple of days ago, I didn't reply.

I read crashes limiter explanation this morning, and I couldn't have said it better myself!

BUT... in the event the govenor was adjusted to make your cart "bounce off of the limiter",
Here's a clip from my manual, for a way to adjust your govenor back to factory specs,
(#5, #6, & #7)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2010, 01:05 AM   #12
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

thanks lockman! i spell that right just for you! and i previewed it and all that stuff!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #13
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888
I would say from what you are explaining you are over reving and bouncing off the rev limiter...loosen the two 10mm nuts and adjust the cable "in" just a little closer to the rotating cam.
Made this adjustment yesterday with some improvement, but ran the threaded sleeve into the "black box" until I ran out of outside threads (it was almost there anyway). Tightened both inside and outside 10mm nuts and went for a ride. She still runs to speed, hesitates, runs back up to speed, hesitates - but not as dramatically on the hesitation. Still, it shouldn't ride like that and I am out of adjustment.

I don't let the pedal go down to the floor anymore as I don't want the backfire. I rode around yesterday for an hour, continuously, feathering the throttle near to but not bottomed out, and only once had it backfire when I went the whole way down.

I was very favorably impressed with the LACK of gas comsumption. How large is that tank? It has used about 1/4 tank in about 1.5 hours of continuous run time. Does that sound realistic?

Long story short, I'm getting closer, but it is still incomplete.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

land owner,

gas consumption was one of the best things about my stock club car with the fe290. seems like i would maybe fill the tank only 2-3 times for the whole summer. i think the stock tank is at least 3 gallons.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I agree, our girls (and us at night) run the wheels off of our carts and fill maybe 2- 3 times a summer.
Wish the jetskis were that fuel skimpy.

If your throttle cable is adjusted all the way to the bottom, check the throttle rod that runs from the pedal to the black box.
Something isn't adjusted just quite right yet but sounds like you are closer.

Take a look at the ends of each throttle cable, see if they are adjusted up to the cable stops under the cable clamps, just throwing ideas out there.

Cam you post a picture of your gov arm assy. and the top of the carb?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #16
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

the tank size is 7gallons. i ran on 1/4 of a tank for 3 months. trying to get rid of some old fuel. i had seafoam, fuel stabilizer, nd a can of heet in it, just so i dint have to dump ruffly 2 gallons of fuel. it ran on that fo 3 months, befor i finally topped it of, and readded the fuel stabilizer and seafoam to the mix. I LOVE SEAFOAM! i heard on here that some people asked thehsame question and they say they were getting ruffly 50 to 60 miles to the gallon, and that cc said it was desighned to run on 2 to 3 days between fill ups on a golf course. i think it would be more likek a week no fillups!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car