lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #11
knotso
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: carb fuel problem?

hey guy's just took the throttle cable off and backed out throttle screw and the plate still won't go back without help from my finger....Could this be my problem? man i sure would like this to be the problem..as i hope it's not an internal issue!!! thank's for the input i'll take all i can get at this point...By the way my last name is bright...hence the user name(Knotso)
knotso is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
knotso
Not Yet Wild

Well gotta head to work...I'll check back in the morning....Hope i get some input? Thank's All, knotso (Bright)
Old 04-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotso View Post
hey guy's just took the throttle cable off and backed out throttle screw and the plate still won't go back without help from my finger....Could this be my problem? man i sure would like this to be the problem..as i hope it's not an internal issue!!! thank's for the input i'll take all i can get at this point...By the way my last name is bright...hence the user name(Knotso)
Ah ha!! There should be a small return spring on the throttle shaft to close it when off of the pedal.
If you have to snap the throttle to get it to return to closed you need to find what is the cause like missing return spring, dragging/kinked cable, sticking throttle plate,
It should return to closed every time or you will get backfires.
No preload (return spring) on throttle should also be your surge issue by letting engine vacuum through the carb move it around.
Hope this does it.........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:41 AM   #14
knotso
Not Yet Wild

Thank's crash for all your help... The return spring is there and even with the cable off the throttle still won't go all the way closed...without pushing on it. sounds like we might be on to something here? gonna see what i can do to it later? i'll let you guy's know...Thank's again!!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #15
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

Give everything a good blast with some carb cleaner!! then give all of your cables a shot of lubricant! My cart was doing the same thing and i ended up replacing the govener cable! Your cable could be stretched or have a kink!As far as the engine bogging down and back fire ..are you hitting the rev limiter?
Lightninlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #16
knotso
Not Yet Wild

Thank's Lightnin, I removed the cables and gave them a shot of lubricant...Thay seem to move freely? I also replaced the throttle spring with a stiffer one...Now the throttle plate is going all the way closed..BUT i still have the same problem? I removed fuel line and it's pumping fuel? Now can anyone tell me if the fuel line and filter should be be full? Mine is sometimes but sometimes not? There's gaps like air in the line? I don't know? this dang thing is driving me crazy...If i had any hair I'd pull it out!! LOL
Old 04-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #17
knotso
Not Yet Wild

Well guy's i gotta a carb kit and new fuel pump ordered......I'll try that? if that don't work maybe new cables next... Heck at this rate it'll all be new.....Guess thats why the guy sold it so cheap??? Oh well it looks nice anyway. Any ideas out there let me know...Thank's knotso (Bright)
Old 04-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #18
samsonone
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

if throttle plate is not closing all the way yes it will backfire when you let off the gas.IS IT STILL CUTTING OFF AFTER YOU DRIVE FOR AWHILE sorry about the cap's .if it is shutting off after it get's hot then dit's a little bit then restart's the valve's have a carbon build up . pull the head pull valve's out wire brush the carbon off put in new guide seal's reinstall head most of the time you can reuse thr headgasket if it's not messed up when ya pull the head. easier this way than the other way I told ya about. you will not see alot of gas in the gas filter. if it is pumping out of the fuel pump you are good to go if you have new gas filter's on it Hope this help's
samsonone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #19
knotso
Not Yet Wild

Thank's Samsonone, Ok here's where i'm at now. I order a carb kit and fuel pump..Got the wrong carb kit for it? My fault or theirs? probably mine! Anyway i put on the fuel pump still the same problem.. I added some sea foam and fresh gas..I had the cart in maintence mode and noticed a pretty large black spot on floor right under the muffler.(looked like carbon to me) I thought hey this sea foam is cleaning this thing out pretty good? Drove the cart for awhile and low and behold here we go again...So i had heard some things about the rev limiter from the good folks on this site. (THANK'S) So i unhooked the wire that was under the one of the bolt heads..Well it took right off..It's been two days with a 7 mile round trip to my brothers and she hasn't missed a lick??? So i don't know? time will tell i guess..Thank's to all for the help and for this great site!! Oh BY THE WAY. i have a carb rebuild kit for a CLUB CAR KF-82 341cc FLAT HEAD ENGINE...If anyone could use it? Thank's again!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #20
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The color of the spark should be BLUE. The only way to check spark is under compression. I have a spark tester that allows you to change the air pressure for spark checks. I think I got it at Harbor Freight Tools. From what you are describing, I would change the entire carb. Kits are available but I do not recommend them unless you are an experienced mechanic with access to a carb cleaning TANK. Also, the throlle plate should be adjusted as follows: Turn the limit screw out until the plate closes. screw it back in until it just touches, then turn it 1/4 turn more. This allows just a little air in and remove backfiring. Also you may want to check the rev limit. this is controlled by a small black box mounted on the front of the engine. You may have too much tire and reaching the rev limit too early.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car