lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #11
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Spark problems 95 club car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneberg View Post
triple when i bought my cart the rev limiter and igniter were gone so i bought an igniter and made a wire to connect to igniter and and the other end plug into were the rpm limiter would and mine runs fine so long story short i would take the rpm limiter out of the circut there like 230 doller and if you governor work you dont need it
230 sounds real expensive! I just bought one from a local dealer for 68.00
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you will do this test you can isolate your problem.
Disconnect or unplug everything from the wire that comes from the coil under the shroud, hook that wire to the ignitor and ground the ignitor to the block.
These are the only two parts actually needed to fire the spark plug.
If it runs fine you have determined the coil and ignitor are good and you have a bad rev limiter or a intermittent short in the kill circuit.
Plug the wire from the harness back into the coil/ignitor wire, if it runs fine you have a good harness (grounding circuit from cart) and a bad rev limiter.
If it does act up when you plug the grounding wire in the rev limiter is "probably" good and you have a bad micro or wire in the grounding circuit.
Don't go buying anything just yet.......
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #13
Triple Bogey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well I ordered an igniter, see what happens.
Triple Bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #14
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Bogey View Post
Well I ordered an igniter, see what happens.
How much $$ Triple?
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #15
Triple Bogey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I paid like 59.00 for the igniter, put it on the other day and it seemed to take care of my problem. I drove it around a while with no problems. I decided to make the BIG decision to drive it to the golf course. The course is 8 miles away. Drove all the way there not a problem, so I'm feel'n pretty good. Then Sunday morning I go to play golf went three holes and guess what no spark again !!! &*%)*$#^. The road to the golf course was smooth. The golf course has a lot of holes and dipsy doodles. So now I wonder if something is shaking loose. New coil and igniter I even disconnected the brown ground wire from the Rev limiter. (that fixed my buddy's problem) didn't fix mine. Crash, I think the "only" wire "other than the spark plug wire" does go to the igniter, so I am not sure I understand your suggestion. That shroud is a real pain to get off. I am thinking of replacing all of the microswitches in the black box, they are not very expensive 4 or 5 bucks ea. I think. Could one of these be bad from bumping around at the course. That is the only thing I can think of now. The road from my house to the course is highway and very smooth, I even avoided getting caught by the local police. Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'm into this problem about 300 bucks, I'm pretty close to the 20 dollar sledge hammer fix next. Thanks Guys. Anxiously awaiting your reply.
Triple Bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #16
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Trip,
Did you find what the problem was, I ask because my 2001 Carryall 2 XRT
started the "spark/no spark" thing last night.

Jimmie
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #17
rlmobile
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2001 that has intermitent spark. Replaced coil ( which is the only thing on newer carts that cause the spark ( no igniter ).
Now I have no spark sometimes , untill I remove plugwire and ground it for a second,then I have spark again for awhile. I guess my new coil is no good. What do ya think?
rlmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #18
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmobile View Post
I have a 2001 that has intermitent spark. Replaced coil ( which is the only thing on newer carts that cause the spark ( no igniter ).
Now I have no spark sometimes , untill I remove plugwire and ground it for a second,then I have spark again for awhile. I guess my new coil is no good. What do ya think?
I think you should unplug everything from the coil to eleminate any chance it is something else grounding it, Re check air gap (.015) from flywheel, double check that your plug boot is on correctly and try it. If it still has issues it is a bad coil.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

just so you guys know who might not........in mid 96 they started building the ignitor into the coil so you have a duel unit coil/ignitor combo and you have your rpm limitor............i have seen a few bad new coil/ignitor combos over the years so its possible to get a bad one.............................also a lot of people just forget about the plug wire........they do go bad also..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 11:49 AM   #20
95 Club Car Gasser
Not Yet Wild

I have the same issue on my 95 Club Car DS. I have replaced the coil and removed the ground wire off of the rev limiter with still the same issue. I have just ordered the igniter, but while I wait for that part to come I may recheck the coil install.
95 Club Car Gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car