lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #11
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Star vs. EzGo

the star is a knock off of the EZ_GO just compare why club car and EZ-GO cost about 4900 for a brand new one and star is a thousand dollars cheap
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #12
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

hahahahahahahaha! you guys crack me up!!!!!

That is a sweet lookin vet though!!!!
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #13
TigerVette
Not Yet Wild

Star

Thanks - I grin all the way to work.
TigerVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #14
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerVette View Post
Thanks - I grin all the way to work.
I bet you do!! I will say im a little disappointed that a guy with as much style to rock that vet also has a star car.......hahahaha just sayn'
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbmfpeterson View Post
I bet you do!! I will say im a little disappointed that a guy with as much style to rock that vet also has a star car.......hahahaha just sayn'
Here we go! Hold on, kids!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #16
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Take a close look at teh star. They are wanting me to become a dealer. I have ridin in a few of their carts. They look and feel the same as an ezgo. Look at how skinny the frt roof supports are, frt brush guards are, frt axles, just look how cheap their top of the line carts are. What about parts. Does your dealer have parts? How about the web? Look how many parts are avail for the star. Its been out 10 years or so now and still no one is building parts for them. I wonder why.

I understand STAR runs curtis controllers, advance motors and option trojan batteries, but it still no EZGO.

If you want a cheap cart go for star, If you want a legend go EZGO.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #17
TigerVette
Not Yet Wild

Star

I was going to buy a golf car. We all know why I chose the Star - 'nuff said about that. I've had the Star for 9 months and it looks and runs great. It leaves my neighbors' 36v Club Car in the dust. Even he's amazed by the look and feel of the Star. The functionality of the LSV is incredible. It comes with lights, seat belts and mirrors and is legal on the local streets - unlike regular golf carts. Can I get parts? Don't really know - haven't had to look for any yet. However, as a gear-head with a buddy that owns a machine shop, I can probably fix most anything that comes up. So far - no regrets.

Like I said in my first post - how do you intend to use the car? Are you are just on the golf course or are you sometimes on city streets? What about off-road? All these things should be considered.

Have a great weekend guys.
TigerVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You too Tiger, But be serious for a moment and stop defending your actions. If the star cart was not a free rebate would you have selected it? For all the same reasons you own the VET ........ you should not own the star I'm out.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #19
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Having worked on (and been frustrated by) both, I would go E-Z-GO all the way. The sheer availability of parts and accessories make the E-Z-GO a hands down winner in my book, but also you have to look at what Star's history is...... They literally change things on their carts on a moments notice without even bothering to tell their dealers of the changes made. And believe me, the changes are financially driven, not end user driven. I sell Chinese cars as well as American made cars, the Chinese have a lot of nice "flash", but they are VERY hard to tie down on repairs/upgrades.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #20
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I used to be a dealer for STAR for 4yrs and just quit selling them about 4months ago.A lot of leaking rear oil seals,and electrical problems.The dealer support Sucks big time.The cars were nice and ran good but the metal was cheap and rusted very easily.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay