lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2010, 06:14 AM   #11
bertherr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Oil Leak 99 club car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertherr View Post
I plan to pull the engine in a few weeks to try to fix the leak again. The last time it looked to me like it was leaking from the flywheel side. I replaced the shaft seal and some gaskets but, it still leaks. A few years ago I replace the gasket cover on the other side (clutch side) and did stop a leak then.

Thanks for the information, Bert
I definitely have an engine oil leak, not a gear oil leak. I have to add engine oil frequently. I use oil absorbent pads as "engine diapers". Bert
bertherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

berth like i said that plug behind the S/G isn,t engine oil but if the plug is gone you do need to replace it but i,m positive thats not your engine oil leak....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #13
bertherr
Not Yet Wild

I just placed oil absorbent pads under the engine. It seems to be leaking (blowing) oil from above the oil drain plug somewhere. Can the oil sending unit itself leak or is it usually the O-rings that seal between the sending unit and the engine case? Thanks, Bert
Old 10-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #14
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Oil Leak 99 club car

That O ring on the dip stick can cause a lot of oil loss and it is not always evident where it is coming from. I thought I had a side case gasket problem until I started looking very closely after some cleaning. It can really leak a lot when the oil is full and especially when it is a bit overfull (like you may have a tendency to do if it is leaking a bit). The O ring is cheap and easy to change too. I would check it before spending a lot of time on more difficult checks. I just used a O ring I matched from a universal selection I had on the shelf to fix my '93. Worked perfectly.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #15
bertherr
Not Yet Wild

I did replace the dip stick tube's O-ring but, I still have a pretty heavy leak. I do still suspect that it may well be leaking from there. It did not seem to fit as snug as I would have suspected. I think I will try to wrap a rag or something around there to try to rule this spot out. Thanks, Bert
Old 10-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #16
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

The other common spot i the side case gasket, if you clean it all up and then run the car, it will come out right from under the shroud above the dip stick tube, you'll know it.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #17
bertherr
Not Yet Wild

You are talking about the clutch side case, correct? And the shroud is the one around the cylinder cooling fins? It does seem like the oil is coming from under this shroud. I did replace this gasket a number of years ago to stop a leak back then. I did purchase this gasket already. I hope to find time to attack this leak again, soon. Thanks, Bert
Old 10-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #18
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Yes, clutch side.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #19
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

FYI, with my O ring leak, oil was getting blown up quite a ways on the side. It was even washing a clean spot well above the dip stick. I thought for sure it was a case cover gasket. I replaced the O ring as a long shot just because it was a 5 minute fix and I had one on the shelf. To my surprise, it cured the leak. I'm not saying it's your leak, but, you could almost try it quicker then it took you to turn on the computer, go to buggies, read this post and turn the computer back off again.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #20
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

dude what isit with restarting all these 10 month old post? not compliang,just being a smarty pants!
berth dude, if you find it on the case where the enginge half splits, yes there is a gasket for around 15 bucks from a dealer. you will have to pull the engine and the clutch off to replace this. you will need a clutch removal tool to pull it off. i got ine when i had to resael mine last year for around 40 bone at the dealer. oh if you find it is the case gasket, get a new min seal clutch side. its around 5 bucks. saves you from having to replaceit next year!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car